Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 258
Gordon H. Grayum Papers
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
Gordon McWade Papers
Collection contains three letters written by Gordon McWade to his family (1942-1943).
Gordon Stimson Papers
The collection contains the following biographical materials: articles, clippings related to Stimson's career as a mortgage banker (1969-1970); "Operation Mule" by Gordon Stimson (n.d.); "Gordon Stimson: Autobiographical Notes and Letters" (1999); 68 color slides depicting Kiska, Adak, Attu and Dutch Habor in the Aleutian Island with numerous soldiers of the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment identified (n.d.).
H. Harper Kerr Papers
The collection contains Kerr's wartime scrapbook containing clippings, photographs and correspondence that had been compiled by his mother (1942-1945).
H. Robert Krear Papers
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
Hans A. Thompson Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1943-1945); ephemera (1945, 1976-1984); annotated maps (n.d.); copy of U.S. Military History Institute Survey (1995).
Hans H. Hagemeister Papers
The collection contains military papers (1943-1945); personal papers (1982); correspondence (1943-1945); and ephemera (1943).
Harold A. Seiler Papers
Collection contains 64 original letters written by Seiler to his mother, Lydia Seiler (August 12, 1918-May 24, 1919); notice of induction (August 4, 1918); honorable discharge (July 12, 1919); invitation to Welcome Home Reception and Dance (June 24, 1919); photographs (1919, ca.1921); ephemera; transcription of letters: Harold's Doughboy Letters edited by Paul McReil.
Harold J. Walkenbach Papers
Original correspondence and postcards from Harold Walkenbach to his parents, dated June 1, 1944 to February 27, 1946 (55 pages).
HARRIS DUSENBERY PAPERS
Harrison Coleman Papers
Collection contains Silver Star citations for men of the 10th Mountain Division (1945), correspondence (1945-1998), information requests related to Silver Star medals (1946-1998), discharge papers for various veterans (1946), newspaper clippings (1950s), and Coleman award ceremony, Fanano, Italy: photographs, clippings, correspondence (June 2012).
Harry C. Walsh Papers
The collection contains military papers (1941-1945); copies of postcards (ca.1945).
Harry J. Leisentritt Papers
Collection contains photographs of Camp Swift, Tex.; Gore Range, Colo.; Italy; Camp Hale, Colo.; Leadville, Colo. and 45 candid photographs of men, groups, training at Camp Hale (1943-1945). Additional ephemera includes a watercolor of mules (n.d.), general order, separation papers and travel tickets.
Harry J. Reinig Papers
Collection contains wartime correspondence (V-Mail, postcards), correspondence regarding donation, meal ticket, menu, memoirs, citation, Army Hour (radio broadcast, script, copy, original) and newspaper clipping.
Harry Poschman Papers
The collection contains a copy of Poschman's memoir: "The Birth and Death of the 10th Mountain" (1983), clippings (2004); and correspondence (n.d.).
Harvey A. Wieprecht Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (Mar. 1943-Dec. 1945); journal (Dec. 1944-Aug. 1945).
HENRY I. MOSCOW PAPERS
HENRY J. PERKINS PAPERS
Herbert J. Rasor Papers
Herman Arthur Smith Papers
Collection contains autographs from Jim Falkenburg, Jack Dempsey, Patricia Morrison, and Dina Shore (1943); copy of Camp Hale Ski-zette (April 21, 1943); USO program, menu, clippings from Kiska Island (1943-1945); Notice of hospital discharge (1943); Special order no. 277 (1944); family correspondence (1943-1944).
Horton K. Durfee Papers
Collection contains military papers (1943-1945), Camp Wolter, Tex. related ephemera (1943), clippings (1945-1946), correspondence (1944-1945), manuscript: World War II Memoirs of Horton K. Durfee, 1943-1946 by Durfee.
Howard R. Koch Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1986, 1999); OCS Class #359 photo (1944); copies of photographs (1945) and a copy of Koch's memoir (1999, 2002); copy of The Damn Tree Leaks by cartoonist Bill Mauldin used as an autograph album by members of Company C, 86th Infantry Regiment (ca.1945).
Hugh H. Bruner Papers
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
Hyman Goldenberg Papers
The collection contains Goldenberg's scrapbook with clippings, copies of his military records (1943-1945); family correspondence (1943-1945, 1968); copy of his memoirs: Recollection of 1945 (1999); ephemera; propaganda leaflets.
J. Harry Wikane Papers
Collection contains photocopies of photographs, newspaper clippings, Japanese propaganda leaflets, hand-drawn maps, and correspondence collected by Wikane.
J. Kroy Ostergaard Papers
The collection contains a scrapbook compiled for Ostergaard by his family containing newspaper clippings, correspondence, ephemera (1945-1946).
JACK R. SMOLENSKE PAPERS
Jack W. Mitchell Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence, propaganda flyer and photographs (1943-1945).
Jackson B. Roynon Papers
Roynon's scrapbook contains his military and personal papers, including selective service papers (1943); discharge papers (1945); Italian Campaign materials (1945); clippings; correspondence; German military medal.
Jacob Pollack Papers
Collection contains copy of correspondence explaining how five of his brothers also served in the Army (2001); The Pollack Journal: typescript compilation of correspondence between the Pollack brothers and their parents (August-November 1944); correspondence from 6th grade class to Jacob Pollack (2001); photograph of Jacob and Sophie Pollack (n.d.).
- Ski troops. 236
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 194
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 152
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 101
- Correspondence 93
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 81
- Personal papers 70
- Photographs 66
- Military records 54
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 40
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Ephemera (general object genre) 29
- Memoirs 28
- Scrapbooks 26
- Photographs. 21
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 19
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 17
- Correspondence. 13
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12 + ∧ less
- English 256
- German 5
- Italian 2
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 34
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 20
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 15
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 10
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 3 + ∧ less