Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 1074
Collection contains correspondence with Denver Public Library regarding additions to his bibliography of Colorado imprints. Preliminary checklists verified by the library and typed lists of Denver Public Library holdings of items not listed in McMurtrie's 1935 bibliography.
Collection contains handwritten letter (April 29, 1849) to Crandall's brother, Thomas Griswold (1819-1860)., describes life in a camp outside St. Louis, Mo. and pending trip to Calif.; letter of transmittal (May 27, 1920) to S.W. Crandall from E.R. Eastman of the Dairymen's League News; genealogical information about Crandall and his family (1995).
Collection contains a letter to M.E.H. Jerrard, letter to Leigh P. Jerrard, and two typewritten papers by E.H. Jerrard, Garfield, Colo.; papers titled: The Mississippi River, and The Last "Indian Uprising" and "Indian Massacre" in the United States.
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
Collection contains a large assortment of correspondence between Lavinia Earhart-Black, Mildred Earhart and other family members, family photographs, two scrapbooks on Colorado Women's College and containing family postcards.
Collection contains military service questionnaire (n.d.); Kiska invasion maps (1943); photographs of the Kiska occupation (1943), training at Mt. Rainier (1942), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944).
Handwritten letter by Frederick J. Ebert certifying that survey and plat map (dated 1865) are correct.
Collection contains eight ledgers which document inventories, planting plats, crop records, expense and income, details of livestock, and seed receipts (1932-1939). It includes a ledger from the H.W. Goff Farm (1904-1914, 1930-1938). The ledgers provide a detailed account of farming in Colorado in the 1930s.
Collection contains letters, press release, and enclosures urging support of Wheat Ridge, Colo. "Save our soddy" campaign, an effort to raise money for the purchase and preservation of a circa 1860s pioneer sod house.
The materials include: correspondence (n.d.); manuscript by Payne: "Ed's War: 1939-1945" (2006).
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Price; verso includes list compiled by Price.
Collection contains a letter from Roosevelt (Oyster Bay, NY) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library, regarding book list, dated October 5, 1935?; list "Girlhood Favorites" selections indicated and signed by Roosevelt.
Collection contains a letter from Higgins to George Thornton Emmons thanking him for sending his: The Emmons journal (pub. 1925).
Collection contains Stedman's letter (dated Oct. 3, 1890) sent from Kelp Rock, New Castle, New Hampshire, to Mr. Conway.
Transcript of letter describing Wyoming blizzard of 1872; dated February 26, 1872.
"Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Brown.
Handwritten letter from Edna Harvey Joseph (Mrs. Allen F. Joseph), Jasper, Ind.; dated July 4, 1965. Letter documents the genealogical history of Nicholas "Nic" C. Creede a.k.a. William Harvey (1843-1897), prospector and later miner who located the Amethyst Mine near present day Creede, Colo.
Collection contains three letters (1909-1910) to E. Francis Riggs, Washington, D.C., regarding subscription to "The North American Indian," patronage of J. Pierpont Morgan to support research and publication, and field work in progress. Also newspaper extract (1932) sent to Malcolm Wyer with Curtis' signature.
Collection contains photocopies of memoir: No Japs at All by Edward D. McDonald (ca.1947); photocopy of a photograph of Edward McDonald (n.d.); photocopy of letter written to Richard Rocker by Mary McDonald (1948).
Collection contains newspaper clippings, plaques and citations, correspondence, plus a few items concerning his father Samuel D. Nicholson. Correspondence includes a telegram from President Dwight D. Eisenhower and two letters from President Richard M. Nixon.
Collection contains "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Ellsberg.
Collection contains correspondence to L.K. Mulford regarding sale of property in Denver, Colo. and lectures in Greeley and Gunnison, Colo.; photograph of Griggs taken by L.K. Mulford; invitation for L.K. Mulford to be guest of Griggs at the City Club of New York, advertisement for book, "We the People" by Griggs.
Collection contains: 1. official commission for James B. Bell (of Boston, Mass.) as Commissioner of Deeds for Colorado Territory; signed by Gov. McCook June 29, 1869. -- 2. Letter (1870 Jan. 22) from Governor McCook to J.B. Chaffee about "Maxwell Grant question." -- 3. Letter (1874 July 29) from Governor McCook to N.C. Meeker about delegates to Republican Territorial convention.
Collection contains 15 letters written to Dr. E. M. Turner from Louis Leitner describing plans to manufacture and improve steam automobile design; receipts and lists of references for Turner. Letters and documents show effort to build a new steam driven automobile. Correspondence shows early planning to form company and collaboration with Pearson & Cox Ltd. Also correspondence with steam motor company in Cheyenne, Wyo. and letters from interested buyers.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1072
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 2
- Letters (correspondence) 404
- Ski troops. 255
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 160
- Letters (Correspondence) 128
- Photographs 127
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 112
- Personal papers 100
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 90
- Clippings (information artifacts) 73
- Photographs. 65
- Military records 63
- Scrapbooks 52
- Ephemera (general object genre) 50
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 ∧ less
- English 809
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 4 ∧ less