Showing Collections: 361 - 390 of 1099
Letter from Flora Clark Gardner, Iowa City, Iowa to Western History Department, Denver Public Library requesting information about family member: Mary Hopkins Vandeventer (d. Aug. 13, 1866 Denver, Colo.); encloses copy of letter from James Vandeventer (Aug. 19, 1866) telling about wife Mary's death.
Collection contains Means letter (dated February 17, 1941) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Means.
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence from McGee to his family (1943-1945); photocopies and original photographs of McGee (1943); photocopies of military records (1943-1950); photocopy of letter from Ronald "Lefty" Sirois to Rosiland MacMillon (2003).
Collection contains Parkhill correspondence with Denver Public Library, autobiographical sketch of Parkhill and bibliography of his writings (1921-1931); two letters from Washington, D.C. (1949), written when Parkhill was research assistant to Colorado Senator Eugene Millikin, regarding theTabor Grand Opera House curtain and its artist Robert Hopkin.
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945, 1990); photographs of Camp Hale, Colo., Italy, (1943-1945); clippings (1980-2001); military papers (1943-1945); funeral service program (2009); personal photographs (1943-1945); memories (CD-ROM, n.d.); books: This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin and Score Book for U.S. Rifles (1942).
Collection contains two letters regarding grade reduction and condition of Wichita Valley.
Collection contains a letter from Kelly (dated October 28, 1930) from Atlantic City, NJ, 10; "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Kelly.
Letter from Olcott (Paris, France) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding book list, dated October 27, 1930; letter from Olcott (Jerusalem) to Watson regarding trip.
Collection contains correspondence, biography, resume, educational statement, newspaper clippings, photographs, resource center correspondence, and Irish documents (1970-2007). 16mm films (DVD copy) show locations: Glenwood Springs, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., rock climbing school and mules; and contain individuals identified as Clint Boyd, Frank Bollers, Chuck Miller, Nelson Lofsted, Carl Maas, Francis Lovett, Clare Symonds, and Ray Franklin (ca.1943-1944).
Collection contains an original volume of research notes titled: Check-list of Western Pioneer Whites and Half-breeds; index to microfilm reels; index and bibliography to Early Far West notebooks; Early Far West notebooks. Microfilm (MFLM 25) is of Early Far West notebooks; field notes; newspaper clippings; research notes; typescript of uncompleted book, Rocky Mountain Library; correspondence; indexes.
Collection contains photocopies of family correspondence (1943-1944).
Collection contains a letter from Frank Belford to "Morg," George Morgan Laird (1847-1936), newspaper editor, proprietor of Central City, Colo. Register-call; contains reminiscences of childhood days in Central City, Colo.; New York, N.Y., to Morg, [Central City, Colo.]; signed: Frank Belford.
Collection contains correspondence (1905-1907) and chart concerns genealogy of the Holmes family: The Connecticut Holmeses (n.d.), showing genealogy of Francis Holmes of Stamford from 1671 to 1855
Collection contains 2 volumes (1853-1891) with photocopies (negative) of letters of General Frank Hall to his mother, his brother and sister-in-law, other family members regarding family matters, gold diggings of Gregory Gulch and Spanish Bar, early newspaper days of Black Hawk and Central City, politics in Colorado Territory. Treasurer’s Office receipt to J. E. Munson for 1895 taxes signed by Frank Hall, Treasurer, also lists tax levies and special school taxes (1896).
Collection consists of a 236 page letter press book with index containing copies of correspondence (1899-1904) written by Cannon and secretary, David R. Gill. Correspondence includes thank you notes, responses to political inquiries and fund raising events. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm167).
Collection contains typed, signed letters from Smith to his father; 1 letter on Hercules Pulley Covering Co. (Frank L. Smith, treasurer) letterhead, 2 on printed stationary for Frank L. Smith, 1740 Broadway, Denver, Colo.
Collection contains postcards, warranty deed, deed of trust, release of deed of trust and correspondence.
Collection contains a letter (1951) from author, Frank P. Donovan, Minneapolis, Minn. to author, Sylvan R. Wood, Stillwater, Okla. Donovan discusses his book: Mileposts on the prairie (1950) and research on other Minnesota railroads.
Collection contains an autograph album with sayings from friends and relatives. Also news clippings regarding Frank Reynolds and George N. Reynolds (brother).
Includes materials from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Camp Hale 50th Anniversary, Camp Hale project information, newspaper clippings, articles, manuscripts and sheet music.
Collection contains a letter from Frank S. Fair, Spokane, Wash. to Opal Murray, Denver, Colo., April 18, 1841. The letter is a response to letter from Miss Murray (Assistant, Western History Dept., Denver Public Library, regarding Isaac Cooper.
Collection contains a letter from Franklin W. Hall, Houlton, Me. to Mr. Roth; Hall gives his opinion about Custer and the Little Big Horn battle.
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
Collection contains abstract of title for lots 13 and 14, block 24 in the Highlands neighborhood, Denver, Colo.; Bollinger and Robinson investment deeds; correspondence.
Collection contains a letter from Fred N. Rogers, Denver, Colo. to Mr. Ricketson; reminiscences about Central City, Colo. and mentions property available in Gilpin County suitable for a movie project for people in their autos.
Collection contains photo copies of 57 transcripts of letters Clatworthy wrote to his parents and sister in Evanston, Ill. during a photographic expedition by bicycle, foot and burro through Colo., N.M., Arizona, Calif. during June 20, 1898-June 16, 1899; photo copy of holographic letter June 25, 1898 (2 pages); photo copy of newspaper accounts of expedition (6 pages); 3 photographs of Odessa Lake & Outlet, Grand Lake at Sunrise, Fern Lake (ca.1920s).
Collection contains a letter (1886) to G.H. West, Denver, Colo. including check for dues to Wool Growers Association (on Office of the State Treasurer, Colo. stationery, Fred Walsen, Treasurer). Bill; three blank checks; two undated newspaper clippings; real estate map.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1094
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 268
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 164
- Photographs 135
- Letters (Correspondence) 128
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 112
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 55
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 987
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 31
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 7
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 5 + ∧ less