Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 1092
Albert N. Nencioni Papers
Albert Payson Terhune Book List
Collection contains "Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Terhune.
ALBERT STOKES BANCROFT PAPERS
ALBERT W. JOHNSON PAPERS
Albert Wills McIntire Letter to Diplomatic and Consular Officers of the United States, September 14, 1896
Collection contains a letter of introduction for George S. Welch of Denver, Colo. from Albert Wills McIntire to the Diplomatic and Consular Officers of the United States; Welch was going abroad as a missionary with his wife and daughter.Letter of introduction for George S. Welch of Denver, Colo. who was going abroad as a missionary. Typed on State of Colorado, Executive Office stationery.
Aldridge Family Correspondence
Chiefly 13 autographed letters about personal matters (with typed copies). A few miscellaneous items include notes on family history.
Alexander Edward Hoyle Papers
Collection contains Hoyle family letters and photos, some Berthoud family material. Correspondence of his father S.Z. Hoyle and uncle Francis E. (Frank) Everett (banker in Golden, Colo.) concern Colo. mining ventures at Lawson and Fairplay, and in Boulder County at Caribou and Salina. Photographs include: view of Orient Mine near Lawson, Colo., town of Lawson (Clear Creek County), Colo., studio portraits of Clara B. Everett and S.Z. Hoyle.
ALEXANDER TAYLOR RANKIN PAPERS
Alexis Comparet Letter to M. J. McNamara, January 5, 1886
Letter from Alexis Comparet, Denver, Colo. offers the services of himself and fellow artist R.H. Tallant to paint two landscapes to be sold for the "public library fund." Letter signed: Alexis Comparet, R.H. Tallant.
ALFRED EDWARD MATHEWS PAPERS
Alfred Lunt Book List
Collection contains a letter from Lunt to Katherine Watson includes "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Lunt; additional list of favorite books on Brown Palace letterhead.
Alfred Packer papers
Collection contains a copies of Packer's statement made at his murder trial... "in regard to the occurrences in southern Colorado during the winter 1873-1874"; invitation to his execution (which never took place), and 5 original letters. There are two from Packer addressed to a Mrs. RA Newman, two letters from Governor Alva Adams to Mrs. RA Newman, and one from Chaplain LJ Hale of the Colorado State Penitentiary.
Alfred Perkins Rockwell Letters
Collection contains chiefly letters home to his wife while visiting mines in Colo. and Utah. Notebook of his field notes from mines visited 1871, including a few sketches of things observed. Review (two versions) of James D. Hague's book: Mining industry (Washington : GPO, 1870).
Alfred Ricken Papers
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
Alfred Sanchez Papers
The collections contains the following materials: original artwork, newspaper clippings, writings, correspondence, letters, awards, teaching materials, International Arts Movement (IAM) papers.
Alice Turner Curtis Book List
Collection contains Curtis letter (dated October 7, 1930) sent from Newburyport, Mass., to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Curtis.
Alida Lansing Papers
Collection contains correspondence, programs, business card, brochure, exposition tickets and three handmade books of pressed wild flowers from the Rocky Mountains.
Allan Swallow Correspondence
Collection contains correspondence regarding Swallow Press.
Allan Vaughan Elston Letter to Caroline Bancroft, February 26, 1973
Collection contains a letter from Elston, Santa Ana, Calif. to Caroline Bancroft, Denver, Colo.; letter summarizes Elston's writing career, research methods, settings of books, circulation and serialization; also sends list of his Denver friends with addresses for Miss Bancroft to verify.
Allen Tupper True Book List
"Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by True.
Allison family papers
Collection contains family photographs, journals, calendars, pamphlets, correspondence, school records, clippings, programs, ephemera on the Allison family.
Alonzo Harris Boardman Letters, June 10-November 1, 1863
Collection contains Boardman's letters to his wife, Nancy, in Fond du Lac. Three written en route to Colorado, the remainder during his stay in the Central City area.
Alphonse Robinson Papers
Collection contains correspondence, awards, newspaper clippings, biographical information, event programs and information related to the Bicentennial/Colorado Centennial Celebration.
Alvin L. Monroe Papers
Collection contains blueprints from machine shops located inside the tunnels near Lake Garda (1944), Fiat factory time card (1945), train schedule (1945), correspondence; military records (1943-1945), booklet, photographs (1945).
Amelia Earhart Book List
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Earhart.
American Library Association 57th Conference, June 24-29, 1935, Denver, Colorado
Correspondence, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, programs, minutes, and other memorabilia compiled by the local committee of the A.L.A. Denver conference, Malcolm G. Wyer, chair.
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS MILE HIGH CHAPTER RECORDS
American Society of Irrigation Engineers Records
Collection contains newsletters, minutes, membership records, treasurer's reports, and correspondence (letter press books).
Andrew Anthos papers
Includes correspondence, postcards, news clippings and copies of news clippings. Scrapbook contains letters written to Governors and Lt. Governors of Colorado, Michigan, Massachusettes, New York, Virginia, Nevada, Oklahoma asking to light the capitol buildings on select legal holidays.
Andrew D. Hastings Jr. Papers
The collection contains a copy of an article generated by Hastings: "Topophilic and Topographic Perceptions of the American Mountain Soldier in WWII" (1967); clippings (1967); correspondence (1972-1973); and ephemera (n.d.).
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1087
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 264
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Photographs 133
- Letters (Correspondence) 129
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 107
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 905
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less