Showing Collections: 571 - 600 of 1099
Single letter from James Ross to his brother, Thomas Ross. The letter contains a first hand account of James Ross' experiences while prospecting in "French Gulch" on the Western Slope of Colorado in August 1861. Subjects briefly mentioned include searching for a housekeeper, dangers of pit mining, medical costs and the Mormon blockage of the road to California. A typescript of the letter is included in the file.
Collection contains copies of letters written to family while traveling to Ore.; includes family genealogy and article about trip.
Collection contains letter from Tate, Saline County, Mo. to Jacob VanLear, Stanton, Va. written en route to California during gold rush. Mailed from Dover, Mo., Apr. 19, 1849.
Collection contains typescript and signed letter with preferences indicated on "Books too Good to Miss" list created by DPL (Oct. 29, 1929); correspondence dated Aug. 26, 1936.
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library and signed by Addams.
Collection contains letters (1898, 1904) written from Hull House (Chicago, Ill.) to Mrs. Denison (Denver, Colo.) and to Mrs. Jameson.
Collection contains a typed and hand-written letter to Caroline Bancroft from Jane Dunning (Mrs. Edwin E.) Rounds, dated September 17, 1964. Letter concerns history of residences at 1200 and 1344 Pennsylvania St., Denver, Colo.
Collection contains letters with Information about personal papers of Monaghan's late friend: Harry McGuire, given to the University of California, Santa Barbara; collection included journal of McGuire's social life in Denver, Colo. during the 1930s.
This collection consists of portions of 16 chronologically arranged letters and a map that J.E. Thomas wrote to his parents while employed as a surveyor by the Burlington and Missouri River Railroad in 1883-1884. It is unclear who numbered the pages or letters.
Collection also available on microfilm: Mflm190.
Collection contains correspondence with Lorene L. Scott (Reference Department, Denver Public Library) concerning bio-bibliographical data for inclusion in Ms. Scott's "Colorado writers" (pub. 1939).
Collection contains copies of documents related to the Ault Cemetery, Ault, Colo.: correspondence, cemetery deed (1903); genealogies; Brooks' chapter on the cemetery from booklet: "Mountain Memories, from Coffee Pot to Medlen Town" (1989).
Collection contains three letters (1868-1872), title bond (1864), photocopy of speech (1876), calling cards.
Letter to Irving Hale and enclosed pamphlet describing proposed history and informing Hale of his inclusion in the publication. Letter also signed by Earl B. Coe.
Includes two photographs of Jerry Dillard (copies), photograph of Lake Garda, Italy (copy) and a letter to Jerry Dillard's sister about Jerry's death (copy).
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
Handwritten letters from brother Jay and friends in Greeley, Colorado; describes employment, health, and finances.
"Girlhood Favorites" list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library signed by Smith with preferences indicated.
Collection contains a letter from Jo T. Gard, Coal Creek, Colo. to an unidentified friend with health problems; extols Colorado climate, gives prices of provisions, and mentions effect of powder scarcity on mining activities.
The collection documents the 2nd World Conference on National Parks in 1972, held that year in Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.
Collection contains a letter requesting property deed corrections for John A. and Peter A. Shanstrom from Nevadaville, Colo. officials.
Collection consists of a letter written to his mother while Youmans was in Italy.
Includes pen & ink cartoon drawings as printed in Officers Candidate School graduation program March 28, 1944, two V-Mail letters sent by Clayton to his mother, 201 file, military papers, ephemera, and correspondence.
Collection contains a single letter written from John Hall to his nephew in April 1888. The letter describes the people the couple met, the location as they were building up their farm near Plainview, Neb.
Collection contains correspondence, prayer book, ephemera (1943-1945).
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1094
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 268
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 164
- Photographs 135
- Letters (Correspondence) 128
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 112
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 55
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 974
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 31
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 7
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less