Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 1092
Andrew L. Lucas Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1944, 1945, 1968-1997); military records (1943-1945); annotated maps of Italy (ca.1945); Photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. reunion (1987), military training (1943-1945).
Andrew S. Hovland Papers
Collection contains farm records of income and expenses (2 volumes and 14 items).
Andrew Washington Carson Letter to Christopher "Kit" Carson, May 8, 1861
Collection contains a transcript of a letter from Andrew Washington Carson, Conyersville, Tenn. to Christopher "Kit" Carson; contains information about Carson family genealogy.
Andrews D. Black Papers
Correspondence to and from 10th Mountain Division members; papers concerning Black's work on the 10th Mountain Division Recon book; notes; and scrapbook.
Andrews Family Papers
Includes 14 photographs of Velma Andrews and family and friends and the Andrews home, Auditorium Theatre flyer and correspondence.
Ann Freeman Emrich Letter from Arthur Ransome
Collection contains a letter from author, Arthur Ransome to Miss Freeman, Greeley, Colo., envelope, and list of publications with illustrations.
Anne Ellis Memoir
Collection contains a memoir about growing up in Rocky Mountain mining camps, and letter to Luverne Scott (dated Jan. 14, 1931) including handwritten biography.
Anne Parrish Book List
Collection contains Parrish letter (dated October 15, 1930) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Parrish.
Anson Spencer Rudd Papers
Collection contains seven letters reminiscing about early days in Canon City, Colo. and two memorial resolutions; deed to 25 acres in Fremont County, Colo. and map of a Rudd's addition to Canon City.
Anthony J. Mancuso Papers
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945, 1946) and ephemera (n.d.).
Anthony N. Smith Papers
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
ANTHONY PALANGE PAPERS
Antoinette Perry Papers
Collection contains correspondence from Perry to her grandfather (1899); newspaper and magazine clippings; cartoon; receipt.
Archie L. Clark Letter and Article
Collection contains a letter discussing research into mid-19th century theater personalities in the Western U.S (Page 2 only; addressee unknown); copy of article written by Clark titled: Denver Has Always Been a Good Show Town.Discusses research into mid-19th century theater personalities in the Western U.S (Page 2 only; addressee unknown); article written by Clark titled: Denver Has Always Been a Good Show Town.
ARCTIC SURVIVAL TRAINING CAMP PAPERS OF DAVID ABBOTT
Argo Mine Letter
Correspondence from Argo Mine, Idaho Springs (Colo.) District, describes the mining camp and the area.
Armand W. Giovanni Papers
Collection contains Giovanni's war journal (1945), military records, postcards (1945), photographs (1943-1945).
ARNOLD C. HOLEYWELL
ARTHUR C. DELANEY PAPERS
Arthur Chapman Poem
Collection contains handwritten, presentation copy of: Out where the West begins (1916); one autographed postcard and accompanying letter (1920).
ARTHUR F. MUSCHLER PAPERS
ARTHUR G. DRAPER PAPERS
Arthur Gayle Waldrop Papers
Collection contains correspondence, list of publications, an incomplete submission to the National Conference of Editorial Writers, a speech, and miscellaneous handwritten notes.
Arthur Hopkin Gibson Letters
Collection contains letters to Western History Dept. Denver Public Library requesting information about Robert Hopkin's work in Colorado as scene painter for Tabor Grand Opera House (Denver), Colorado Springs Opera House, and Dickens Opera House (Longmont).
Arthur L. Glidden Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence believed to have been written by Glidden written between July 18 - November 18, 1943 (65 pages).
Arthur Rackham Book List
ollection contains Rackham letter to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by DPL and signed by Rackham.
Arthur Roy Mitchell papers
Collection contains a letter and flyer about Mitchell's painting: "Fisher's Peak." Painting had been commissioned by editor Palmer Hoyt for the Denver Post collection of Western art.
Artists' Club of Denver Records
Collection contains exhibitions price lists (1921, 1924), notifications and invitations (1907-1917), bios for member artists (1916), clippings (1899-1901, 1905), brochures (1897, 1914, 1917), correspondence and notes (1905, 1907), record book (1905) of the arts and crafts dept. giving its purpose, sections, and members, sections listed: bookbinding, clay, decorative design, leather, metal, textiles, wood, glass.
Augusta Huiell Seaman Book List
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Seaman.
Austin Stanton Letters
Collection contains 6 handwritten letters from Austin Stanton; one handwritten letter from Joseph Stanton. Letters sent from Denver City, Colorado Territory (June 14, 1861, August 1, 1862); Drakesville (May 17, 1863) and College Springs (September 4, 1862), Iowa; and Missouri City, Tex. (July 6, 1862).
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1087
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 264
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Photographs 133
- Letters (Correspondence) 129
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 107
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 905
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less