Showing Collections: 1051 - 1080 of 1081
Collection contains 2 scrapbooks. Scrapbook 1 was compiled by his wife, contains photographs, clippings and ephemera of his family, youth, school years, officer training, and service with the 10th Mountain Division, Army Signal Corps equipment photographs (ca.1920s-1945). Scrapbook 2 contains photographs, military orders, postcards, Italian money from Bourke's time at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and service in Italy (ca.1943-1945).
Collection contains a bound volume of letters from Craine to his parents, with photographs, newspaper clippings and memorabilia.
The collection contains correspondence (1945); and Kehres' military papers and orders (1945).
Collection contains numerous letters written during Terry's time at Camp Wolter, Tex. (April 1943-August 1943), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944), Camp Swift, Tex. (1944) and Italy (1945); newspaper clipping (April 6, 1943); and three photographs of Terry (1940s-1957).
Letters from Hall to Custer concerning development and sale of the Stevens Mine, Georgetown, Colo.
Collection contains correspondence (1909-1939); itineraries; clippings (1921); school records (1912-1913); materials relating to the building of Monarch Pass, Colo.: reports, financial statements, photographs, "Story of old monarch pass" by Joseph Jeffrey.
Collection contains a letter from Bryant to P.R.P. Miller dated March 28, 1892.
The collection contains copies of manuscripts and correspondence related to the publication of Parker's book: "The Tenth Mountain" (1978-1990); photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska, Italian Campaign locations (ca.1989); copies of battle maps and maps of Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.).
Collection contains a typescript of novel: Cry murder (published New York, 1947). Typescript of 1952 talk for Friends of Denver Public Library and accompanying letter. Research paper compiled ca. 1936 for Denver Public Library Reference Dept. gives biographical data and lists published works 1899-1929.
Letter from brother and sister: Wm. and Ann Davis, Douglas Flat, Calif. to their brother and sister; newly arrived in California, tell relatives about weather, flooding in Sacramento and Marysville, price of flour, church meetings, and family matters.
Collection contains miscellaneous correspondence, invitations, passes, charge accounts, cancelled checks, receipts (1866-1883). Some items are addressed to Howell as Sheriff of Boulder County.
Collection contains photocopies of letters from Reed to his young son, Charles (Charley) H. Reed; photocopies of envelopes with postmarks.
Collection contains letters, almost all to his father: Chauncey Thomas (1813-1882), and concern career, marriage, travel, finances, other personal and Byers family matters. Many are on Rocky Mountain News stationery. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm188).
Collection contains articles, newspaper clippings, notes, reports, correspondence, bank statements, ephemera, scrapbook, diary (1905).
Collection contains research material on Western frontier character: Doc Holliday; letters from author, Stuart N. Lake (San Diego, Calif.) and physician, W. W. Crook (Glenwood Springs, Colo.).
Collection contains wartime correspondence (1942-1946), clippings (1943-1944), photo album of Camp Hale, Colo. and Kiska Island, Alaska (1943), photographs (1996).
Letters home to his wife Lucia give account of miner's life in 1860s Colorado.
Collection contains the pamphlet: Maps, songs and works of remembrance (1963); invitation, brochure, ID card, luggage tag, menu, tour bulletin, correspondence, group photograph, reunion banner (1963); pamphlet: Florence American cemetery and memorial (1960).
Collection contains chiefly correspondence and petitions concerning land and annuity payments for Runnells as a member of the Shoshoni tribe.
The collection contains an assortment of pen-and-ink drawings (some with ink wash) of locations in Colo.: Aspen, Garden of the Gods, Leadville, Independence, Buena Vista, Salida, Mt. Sopris (1944); Ski-troop training (1944); military operations in Italy (1945); correspondence; ephemera; military papers. The artwork was originally part of a spiral bound artist's pad.
Letter from Wilson to Bishop F. S. Spalding; dated October 25, 1905.
Collection contains a single, typed letter from Junior Forester Donald E. Price in Estes Park, Colo. to Albert Bozak of Denver, Colo. Letter states that the camp will be closing and his job has been terminated. It further asks where they should drop off his bedroll and anything else he left in camp.
Collection contains a 14 page typescript of Grey's foreword and afterword written for Grosset & Dunlap's 1918 reissue of Helen Cody Wetmore's "Last of the great scouts."; copy of 1899 edition of the book with marginalia (used as a mock-up); and two items of Grosset correspondence over copyright (1917).
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1078
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 3
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 259
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 160
- Photographs 130
- Letters (Correspondence) 128
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 101
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Photographs. 65
- Military records 64
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 50
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 864
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4 + ∧ less