Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 1092
BISHOP FRANKLIN SPENCER SPALDING PAPERS
BISHOP JOHN F. SPALDING AND LAVINIA SPALDING PAPERS
Black Elk collection
Collection contains 12 original letters written to Black Elk's "grandchildren" Claude and Frances Hansen, Denver, Colo. (1947-1951); additional letters concern the Hansen's desire to collect American Indian related artifacts and tribal history; typescript of memoir: "Our Good Friend Black Elk" by Claude B. Hansen (n.d.); post card; envelope. Addresses include Neb., Colo., Mont. and S.D. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm181).
Blanche Granson Blair Papers
Collection contains assorted correspondence, photographs, and cards received by Blanche and Arthur Blair from relatives and friends (1918-1956). Included are letters discussing events during WWII.
Bolivar G. Krepps Letters
Collection contains letters home to his mother, Mrs. C.S. Krepps, and sister. Also, two letters from Joseph Troth telling of Krepps' death from typhoid fever. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm53)
Booth Tarkington Book List
Collection contains "Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Tarkington.
Brown Family Letters
Collection contains photocopies of handwritten and typed family letters. Brown family members include: Mary E., Benjamin Alfonso, William Benjamin, Ida, Lorena, Edith Ione (Onie), Bert, and Amos Smith Brown, and Margaret Weed.
Brownie Adams Papers
Collection contains correspondence, greeting cards, photographs (one housed in photographic collection), plus typescript travel notes of a trip to Mexico (1940).
Bruce A. Wakefield Papers
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
Bruce B. Cooke Papers
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
Bruch Family Papers
Collection contains 5 volumes of original correspondence between Ella Bruch and her youngest daughter, Bessie. The letters document farm life near Genoa, Colorad; experiences as a school teacher on the eastern plains; married life in Denver; and experiences during the Great Depression.
Bude Budisavljevich Papers
The collection of letters recieved by the Budisavljevich family and written by their relatives in Croatia provides insight into the immgrant family experience in Las Animas County, Trinidad and the Globeville neighborhood of Denver. Correspondence spans 1906-1937.
Some letters have been translated in 2015 by a staff member at Denver Public Library.
Burbank Family Letters
Collection contains family correspondence.
BURNHAM HOYT ARCHITECTURAL RECORDS
BYRON L. JOHNSON PAPERS
C. C. Baldwin letter to Judge Baldwin
Collection contains Baldwin's letter to Judge Baldwin (dated August 4, 1892) and genealogical information.
C. G. Diller Papers
Collection contains correspondence, bank statements, checks, contracts related to the theaters run by Diller.
C. Marc Miller Papers
Collection contains photostatic copies of letters (1872-1875) regarding the Los Pinos Indian Agency (Colorado); report to the Secretary of War by Lieut. C.A.H. McCauley, Third Cavalry, of his explorations in and about Pagosa Springs, Colorado (1879).
C. McMahan letter to mother
Letter from Leadville, Colo. to his mother in "Lawrence Co." tells about boomtown conditions. City has 30,000 inhabitants and is about to build a large Christian Church.
C. Page Smith Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituaries (1995), copies of photographs (1949, 1950), manuscript copy of Time and Tide: Reflections on the Strange Journey of Old Age by Smith (1992), correspondence regarding Smith's death (1995).
C. S. Hinman Letters, February 3 & June 1, 1861
Collection contains two letters from Hinman to his parents and siblings in Iowa; Hinman describes life as a prospector and miner in the Colorado mountains, written from Mountain City and Trail Creek.
CAMPBELL AND PATTERSON FAMILY PAPERS
CAPTAIN HILDRETH FROST PAPERS
Captain John J. Lambert Letters and Photograph
Carl D. Kerekes Papers
Included in the collection are Kerekes' military records from office candidate school (1944) and a copy of his memoir: "Recollections - Ski Troops at War" (2000).
CARL M. WILLIAMS PAPERS
Carleton B. Shay Papers
Collection contains: CD-Rom with copies, pictures and documents used for My Life in the Mountain Troops oral history (n.d.); soldiers handbooks (1943-1945).
CAROLINE BANCROFT FAMILY PAPERS
Caroline Dale Parke Snedeker Book List
Letter from Snedeker letter (dated October 1930) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Snedeker.
Carrie Chapman Catt Book List
Collection contains a letter from Catt sent from New Rochelle, NY, to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Catt.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1087
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 264
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Photographs 133
- Letters (Correspondence) 129
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 107
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 905
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less