Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 1099
Collection contains correspondence regarding application for a patent on an irrigation water governor developed by Charles Sawyer and Calvin Miller.
Contains correspondence, copies of pencil drawings by Charles Wallmo depicting life in the 10th Mountain Division and scenes from Italy, photographs (sculptures, military life) and training certificates.
Collection contains newspaper clippings related to Engle's death (1945), correspondence and general order concering the posthumous award of the Bronze Star (1945), b/w photos and negatives of Engle at training camp (ca.1944).
Letters from two U.S. Indian agents regarding participation of Indian delegations in the T.M.A.A. celebration. Correspondents: William H. Llewellyn, Mescalero & Jicarilla Agency, South Fork, N.M.; and D.M. Riordan, Navajo Agency, Ft. Defiance, Ariz.
This collection contains materials from Charles W. Thweatt detailed his experiences and responsibilities in the 10th Mountain Division of the United States Army during World War II. Content includes military records, photographic prints, correspondence, and newspaper clippings collected during the war and later on in his life.
Collection contains two letters from von Dassel, Berlin, Germany to the Department of Western History and Genealogy, Denver Public Library; she writes about herself, her father, and other members of the Richthofen family.
Collection contains original family correspondence with transcripts (1845-1921), marriage announcement (1923), newspaper clippings (1889), obituaries (1839, 1889, 1905), digital copies of family photographs. CD-ROM contains additional documents and photographs.
Collection contains: C.H. Oakes' scrapbook (1869-1887), sheet music: Lillian Lee (1883), music manuscript: Then You'll Remember Me (n.d.); copy of sheet music: "Helen's Waltz Dream" printed by W.H. Oakes, N.Y.C. (n.d.); clippings (1890s-1910), American Legion roster (1926), correspondence (1940).
Collection contains original letter from Major General J. A. Ulio to the American Alpine Club in N.Y. soliciting help in enlisting qualified mountaineers for the Army's 10th Mountain Division, May 29, 1942 (1 page).
Collection contains letters to family describing trip to California (via Panama) and hard life as a miner in Nevada City, Califorina.
Collection contains two scrapbooks kept by club's historians with record of activities, members and officers, photos, clippings, correspondence, programs, study material, invitations, place cards, and other memorabilia.
Two letters written by Clara Ball to Thomas J. Noel, describing her family's background in Denver, beginning with her grandfather, Henry Tuggy, who moved to Denver about 1873 and established a boot and shoe manufacturing company. Helped organize the 1st YMCA in Denver and was involved with the Railroad Mission.
Collection contains a letter from Hunt (dated October 9, 1930) sent from Brooklyn NY to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Hunt.
The collection contains clippings (n.d.); and copies of Campbell's military papers (1941-1945).
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Collection contains a "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Hawkes.
Includes biographical information survey, biography, correspondence received from John Evans, military and personal papers, framed collection of medals from World War I and World War II, certificate of award from Italian government , certificate of graduation from tank training school, Easter greetings signed by General Mark Clark, newspaper clippings, newsletters, Army commendation, and numerous uniform insignias.
Correspondence and typescript of an article: The mystery of the hermit of Golden Mountain. Reckmeyer researched early-day Granite, Colo. (established 1866 as Dayton, name changed 1868) and tried to find Woods' relatives to settle his estate, including a Salida bank account under the name, Jim Geiger.
Letters to friends and family; spiral bound book with transcriptions of all original letters with comments by Hitt; copies of photographs.
The bulk of the collection includes WWI wartime correspondence by Clark H. King, written from France and addressed to his family in Denver, Colorado, 1917-1919.
The materials include correspondence containing Andavall's recollections about WWII (2002); scrapbook; copies of photographs, newspaper clippings (1943-1954, 2003).
Collection contains speeches, correspondence, promotional material urging construction of the Colfax-Larimer Viaduct in Denver, Colo. Seth B. Bradley, President of the city's Board of Public Works, organized plans for construction of this rail-yard/South Platte River overpass. Also material on the Midland Trail, auto road west of Denver, and Colorado highways in general.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1094
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 268
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 164
- Photographs 135
- Letters (Correspondence) 128
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 112
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 55
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 974
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 31
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 7
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less