Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 1092
Charles W. Green Letters
Letters from two U.S. Indian agents regarding participation of Indian delegations in the T.M.A.A. celebration. Correspondents: William H. Llewellyn, Mescalero & Jicarilla Agency, South Fork, N.M.; and D.M. Riordan, Navajo Agency, Ft. Defiance, Ariz.
Charles W. Thweatt Papers
This collection contains materials from Charles W. Thweatt detailed his experiences and responsibilities in the 10th Mountain Division of the United States Army during World War II. Content includes military records, photographic prints, correspondence, and newspaper clippings collected during the war and later on in his life.
Charlotte and Anna Ronk Papers
Charlotte von Dassel letters to Denver Public Library, January 28 & February 22, 1967
Collection contains two letters from von Dassel, Berlin, Germany to the Department of Western History and Genealogy, Denver Public Library; she writes about herself, her father, and other members of the Richthofen family.
Chester Calvin Carpenter Genealogy
Collection contains original family correspondence with transcripts (1845-1921), marriage announcement (1923), newspaper clippings (1889), obituaries (1839, 1889, 1905), digital copies of family photographs. CD-ROM contains additional documents and photographs.
Chester Hooper Oakes Papers
Collection contains: C.H. Oakes' scrapbook (1869-1887), sheet music: Lillian Lee (1883), music manuscript: Then You'll Remember Me (n.d.); copy of sheet music: "Helen's Waltz Dream" printed by W.H. Oakes, N.Y.C. (n.d.); clippings (1890s-1910), American Legion roster (1926), correspondence (1940).
Chester L. Errett Papers
Collection contains original letter from Major General J. A. Ulio to the American Alpine Club in N.Y. soliciting help in enlisting qualified mountaineers for the Army's 10th Mountain Division, May 29, 1942 (1 page).
Christopher Columbus Stevens Letters
Letters to family describing trip to California (via Panama) and hard life as a miner in Nevada City, Calif.
Cinema Study Club Scrapbooks
Collection contains two scrapbooks kept by club's historians with record of activities, members and officers, photos, clippings, correspondence, programs, study material, invitations, place cards, and other memorabilia.
City and County of Denver, Dept. of Finance, Assessment Division records
Clara Ball Letters to Tom Noel
Two letters written by Clara Ball to Thomas J. Noel, describing her family's background in Denver, beginning with her grandfather, Henry Tuggy, who moved to Denver about 1873 and established a boot and shoe manufacturing company. Helped organize the 1st YMCA in Denver and was involved with the Railroad Mission.
Clara Whitehall Hunt Book List
Collection contains a letter from Hunt (dated October 9, 1930) sent from Brooklyn NY to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Hunt.
Clarence E. Campbell Papers
The collection contains clippings (n.d.); and copies of Campbell's military papers (1941-1945).
Clarence F. "Con" Dorsch Papers
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Clarence Hawkes Book List
Collection contains a "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Hawkes.
Clarence M. Tomlinson Papers
Includes biographical information survey, biography, correspondence received from John Evans, military and personal papers, framed collection of medals from World War I and World War II, certificate of award from Italian government , certificate of graduation from tank training school, Easter greetings signed by General Mark Clark, newspaper clippings, newsletters, Army commendation, and numerous uniform insignias.
Clarence Reckmeyer papers
Correspondence and typescript of an article: The mystery of the hermit of Golden Mountain. Reckmeyer researched early-day Granite, Colo. (established 1866 as Dayton, name changed 1868) and tried to find Woods' relatives to settle his estate, including a Salida bank account under the name, Jim Geiger.
Clark O. Hitt Jr. Papers
Letters to friends and family; spiral bound book with transcriptions of all original letters with comments by Hitt; copies of photographs.
Clarke H. King Papers
The bulk of the collection includes WWI wartime correspondence by Clark H. King, written from France and addressed to his family in Denver, Colorado, 1917-1919.
Clayton D.R. Coates Papers
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY RECORDS
CLEMENT YORE PAPERS
Clint L. Andavall Papers
The materials include correspondence containing Andavall's recollections about WWII (2002); scrapbook; copies of photographs, newspaper clippings (1943-1954, 2003).
Colfax-Larimer Viaduct Collection
Collection contains speeches, correspondence, promotional material urging construction of the Colfax-Larimer Viaduct in Denver, Colo. Seth B. Bradley, President of the city's Board of Public Works, organized plans for construction of this rail-yard/South Platte River overpass. Also material on the Midland Trail, auto road west of Denver, and Colorado highways in general.
Letter to Caroline Bancroft regarding house on Casey Road, in Central City, Colorado, and warranty deed dated October 13, 1872.
Colorado Gold Rush, Overland Trip Correspondence
Signed letters (with typed transcriptions) from W. Goodrich and Henry French to friend and brother Alvin French of Pittsfield, Illinois; relays details of overland journey to Colorado, Colorado gold mines, and mining conditions.
Colorado post offices
Letters from U.S. Post Office Dept. and National Archives and Records Service giving data on several 19th-century post offices in Colorado.
Colorado Question Box Letters
Collection contains lLetters from readers of "Colorado question box" column in the Rocky Mountain News (Denver, Colo. newspaper). Column devoted to Colorado history. Many letters addressed to Jack Foster, editor.
COLORADO SOCIETY OF THE SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION RECORDS
COLORADO WHITE WATER ASSOCIATION RECORDS
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 1087
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 5
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Ski troops. 264
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 163
- Photographs 133
- Letters (Correspondence) 129
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 114
- Personal papers 107
- Best books. 95
- Correspondence. 94
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. 92
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 91
- Clippings (information artifacts) 74
- Military records 66
- Photographs. 66
- Scrapbooks 53
- Ephemera (general object genre) 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 45 + ∧ less
- English 905
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- Italian 4
- Arapaho 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Dakota 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 41
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 41
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 30
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 29
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 26
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 21
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 18
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less