Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 142
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
The collection contains correspondence (1945); military records and personal papers (1945-1947); map with notations (ca.1945); and a memoir: "1st Platoon, Co. D, 85 Mtn. Inf. Reg., 10th Mtn. Div." (1991).
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
Collection contains photocopy of correspondence by Mailloux describing the last months of WWII in Italy and honoring his friend, Tim Evans (1999); magazine article (1945).
Collection contains Curtis' notes, correspondence, short stories, histories, transcriptions, translations, and original music manuscripts documenting the following American Indian tribes: Yuma, Navajo, Zuni, Winnebago, Apache, Kiowa, Pawnee, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Dakota, Mojave, Kwakintl, Pima, San Juan Pueblo, Wabonaki, Penobscot. Included are notes and typescripts related to her book: Songs of Ancient America (1905).
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
Collection contains: clippings, correspondence, handouts, promotional materials, brochures, pamphlets from various gay related organizations; correspondence from and clippings about Harry Hay (1976-2002).
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
Collection contains copies of Nebeker's memoir: My Experiences in the Ski Troops (1989); letter to Glen Hines (1990).
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
Collection contains biographical information and correspondence.
Collection contains a copy of Bill Mauldin's book: The Damn Tree Leaks (ca.1945) used as an autograph book; record book with notes, photos, clippings of Italian Campaign (former scrapbook #45, ca.1945); Recordo di Venezia scrapbook with photographs of Venice and handwritten notes (ca.1945); Italian map with annotations (ca.1945).
Collection contains Tangarone's memoir (2003); b/w photo in Italy (1945); v-mail correspondence to family (1945).
Contains correspondence, personal papers, aerial photographs of Camp Hale, Colorado (1943).
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
Letters from and a photograph of, Robert Curtin
Collection contains scrapbook with newspaper clippings (ca.1945), photographs, picture post cards; email correspondence (re: acquisition of material through Ebay and fund raising efforts); photo album contains approximately 170 photographs and McFarren's commission as 1st Lieutenant.and graduation program (1944); additional loose photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and separation papers.
Collection contains correspondence (1944-1946, 2001), articles (1963-1995), photographs (1945).
Collection contains correspondence, notes, speech transcripts, posters, outlines, handouts, clippings related to AIDS and presentations that Vitaletti gave on the subject (1980s-1990s); copies of Vitaletti's student papers and doctoral dissertation (1974, 1975, 1982); video tapes documenting Vitaletti's involvement with the Colorado AIDS Project, episodes of cable TV programs: Common Ground, The Lambda Interview, Gay Week (1980s-1990s).
Collection contains copy of Keene's memoir: Grandpa's Stories (1998) and Mountain Troops and Medics (n.d.); correspondence (1999); Blizzard article: Goldbrick Medicine (1991).
Collection contains photographs of Camp Hale; ephemera: bulletins, pay records, immunization card, pamphlets (1940s); clippings (1940s); military map of the U.S.; publications: American Ski Annual, Remount Blue, The Aleutians Front Graphics, General Marshall's Victory Report; reunion materials (1984-1996); obituary.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 141
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 1
- Personal papers 112
- Ski troops. 91
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 68
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 66
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 63
- Photographs 40
- Personal papers. 30
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 27
- Photographs. 22
- Correspondence 20
- Correspondence. 17
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 16
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 15
- Military records 15
- Letters (correspondence) 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 12
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 6
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 6 + ∧ less
- English 132
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arapaho 1
- Dakota 1
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 15
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 3
- Denver Art Museum, 2
- National Ski Association of America -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 2
- AFL-CIO. -- Colorado Labor Council. 1 + ∧ less