Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 134
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION PERSONAL PAPERS
Aaron J. Schenck Papers
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Albert G. Field Papers
Collection contains correspondence about Field's recollections of the war and copies of his newsletter.
Albert H. Jackman Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituary, correspondence (1942-1943), military papers (1941-1944) and Italy maps.
Albert H. Meinke, Jr. Papers
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
Alvin L. Monroe Papers
Collection contains blueprints from machine shops located inside the tunnels near Lake Garda (1944), Fiat factory time card (1945), train schedule (1945), correspondence; military records (1943-1945), booklet, photographs (1945).
Anthony N. Smith Papers
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
ANTHONY PALANGE PAPERS
Armand W. Giovanni Papers
Collection contains Giovanni's war journal (1945), military records, postcards (1945), photographs (1943-1945).
ARNOLD C. HOLEYWELL
Arthur Gayle Waldrop Papers
Collection contains correspondence, list of publications, an incomplete submission to the National Conference of Editorial Writers, a speech, and miscellaneous handwritten notes.
BENJAMIN DRAPER PAPERS
Benjamin F. Tritch Papers
Collection contains clippings, legal documents related to Tritch estate, correspondence, and memorial.
BESHOAR FAMILY PAPERS
BISHOP FRANKLIN SPENCER SPALDING PAPERS
CHARLES A. WOUDENBERG
Charles C. Messler Papers
Collection includes scrapbook materials, change of address material, copies of photos and ephemera.
CHARLES MINOT DOLE PAPERS
Charles O. Wallmo Papers
Contains correspondence, copies of pencil drawings by Charles Wallmo depicting life in the 10th Mountain Division and scenes from Italy, photographs (sculptures, military life) and training certificates.
Chester Hooper Oakes Papers
Collection contains: C.H. Oakes' scrapbook (1869-1887), sheet music: Lillian Lee (1883), music manuscript: Then You'll Remember Me (n.d.); copy of sheet music: "Helen's Waltz Dream" printed by W.H. Oakes, N.Y.C. (n.d.); clippings (1890s-1910), American Legion roster (1926), correspondence (1940).
Clarence F. "Con" Dorsch Papers
Collection contains Dorsch's honorable discharge; separation qualification record; military papers (1943-1946); copies of newspaper clippings (1944-1945); b/w photos of Camp Hale, South Pacific (1943-1945); Basic field manual and soldier's handbook (1941); A prayer book for soldiers and sailors by Church pension fund (1943).
Curtis L. Pfaff Papers
Collection contains personal correspondence from Curtis Pfaff (1943-1944).
Cyrus G. Richardson Papers
Collection contains bBusiness and personal correspondence, expense accounts for Richardson's ranch in Aurora, Colo., payroll, receipts and invoices from John Mouat Lumber Co., record of marriages recorded by O.H. Whittier, J.P. (10/1/1871 - 9/17/1873).
Daniel J. Muffoletto Papers
Collection contains copies of pages from Muffoletto's scrapbook: photographs, clippings, articles, citations, military orders.
Davis Hanson Waite Papers
Collection contains documents concerning the suppression of gambling in Colo. Included are a letter to newspaperman, William Stapleton about the Populist Party, drafts of a resolution and an executive order on enforcing current gambling laws and a newspaper statement discussing the role of churches in politics.
DEBORAH BANKART EDDY PAPERS
DOLORES KOPEL PAPERS
DWIGHT T. PITCAITHLEY PAPERS
E. H. Jerrard Papers
Collection contains a letter to M.E.H. Jerrard, letter to Leigh P. Jerrard, and two typewritten papers by E.H. Jerrard, Garfield, Colo.; papers titled: The Mississippi River, and The Last "Indian Uprising" and "Indian Massacre" in the United States.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 133
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 1
- Personal papers 104
- Ski troops. 84
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 67
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 65
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 60
- Photographs 37
- Personal papers. 30
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 27
- Photographs. 22
- Correspondence 19
- Correspondence. 17
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 15
- Military records 14
- Letters (correspondence) 13
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 8
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 6
- Ephemera (general object genre) 6 + ∧ less
- English 121
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arapaho 1
- Dakota 1
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 14
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- Denver Art Museum, 2
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 2
- National Ski Association of America -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less