Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 137
E. H. Jerrard Papers
Collection contains a letter to M.E.H. Jerrard, letter to Leigh P. Jerrard, and two typewritten papers by E.H. Jerrard, Garfield, Colo.; papers titled: The Mississippi River, and The Last "Indian Uprising" and "Indian Massacre" in the United States.
Edward D. Nicholson Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings, plaques and citations, correspondence, plus a few items concerning his father Samuel D. Nicholson. Correspondence includes a telegram from President Dwight D. Eisenhower and two letters from President Richard M. Nixon.
EDWARD OLIVER WOLCOTT PAPERS
Eldon C. Metzger Papers
Collection contains original family correspondence (1942-1945); photographs of Camp Hale and Camp Carson, Colo. (1940s); color photographs of Rome and Venice, Italy (ca.1946).
Eleanor M. Gehres Papers
Collection contains correspondence; memos; meeting agendas and minutes; notes; promotional materials from planning committee of the Western History Association meeting (1995); copy of talk on Barney Ford; pamphlets and guest book from retirement celebration; awards; Colorado Genealogists conference correspondence (1984); EMG workshops and Colo. history course correspondence (1985-1991); memorials from Gehres's funeral.
Emile Granier Papers
EMMA CLARK PAPERS
Erling O. Omland Papers
Collection contains copies of manuscripts, correspondence, publicity for Omland memoirs: Hill Echoes (1994-1997); copies of family correspondence (1943-1944); copies of clippings, roster lists, packing lists, ski scores (1943-1997), booklet of poems (1945-1995); photographs of Fort Drum Reunion (1998).
Ernest C. Plotecher Papers
Collection contains original correspondence between Plotecher and his family (1945); copy of honorable discharge papers (1945); copy of correspondence (2001), recollections of combat patrol by Bob Woody (2001).
EUGENE FIELD PAPERS
Eugene P. Winters Papers
Collection contains a scrapbook (1941-ca.1945) with photographs, correspondence, clippings; hand written letter with information about Company G, 87th Infantry Regiment (April 2001).
EUGENE S. HAMES PAPERS
Eugene T. Burke Papers
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
FARRINGTON R. CARPENTER FAMILY PAPERS
Frank Hall Papers
Collection contains 2 volumes (1853-1891) with photocopies (negative) of letters of General Frank Hall to his mother, his brother and sister-in-law, other family members regarding family matters, gold diggings of Gregory Gulch and Spanish Bar, early newspaper days of Black Hawk and Central City, politics in Colorado Territory. Treasurer’s Office receipt to J. E. Munson for 1895 taxes signed by Frank Hall, Treasurer, also lists tax levies and special school taxes (1896).
Frank Romano Jr. Papers
Includes materials from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Camp Hale 50th Anniversary, Camp Hale project information, newspaper clippings, articles, manuscripts and sheet music.
Franklin Wirth Walker Papers
Collection consists mainly of correspondence from Franklin Wirth Walker to Vera Mae (Foster) Walker during his service with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and in Italy. There are also letters from Vera to Franklin and to and from other family members and friends. One folder contains Franklin's life insurance certificate and Army salary allotment receipt, Vera's teaching contract and the couple's wedding announcement.
Fred Walsen Papers
Collection contains a letter (1886) to G.H. West, Denver, Colo. including check for dues to Wool Growers Association (on Office of the State Treasurer, Colo. stationery, Fred Walsen, Treasurer). Bill; three blank checks; two undated newspaper clippings; real estate map.
Frederick C. Miller Papers
Collection contains Frederick Miller correspondence to his mother (1928-1944), Colo. map (1942), clippings (1942-1943), postcards (1942-1943), photographs (1942-1943).
Frederick J. Stanton Papers
Collection contains personal and business correspondence, receipts, copyright application. Includes three letters (1895) to Chas. R. Dudley, "City Library," Denver, regarding records of old Arapahoe County Claim Club.
Fuller Family Papers
Collection contains correspondence from Lucius Fuller to daughter Marian, family photographs, biographies, Marian's financial investment material, estate documents and personal papers.
George S. Sisneros Papers
Collection contains copy of correspondence (1945); copy of letter from Rosemary to George Sisneros (1995); postcard of Italy and newspaper clippings (1945); copy of Order of Erwin Conklin (1945).
Gerald B. Cullinane Papers
Collection contains correspondence, letters of recommendation from National Ski Patrol; copies of military papers and photographs; memoir: From Student to Solider: My War Years 1941-1945.
Gerald Q. Nash Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence between Gerald Nash and his parents (1945); Nash family genealogy (n.d.).
Gordon McWade Papers
Collection contains three letters written by Gordon McWade to his family (1942-1943).
H. TED RUBIN PAPERS
HAL HANEY PAPERS
Hans H. Hagemeister Papers
The collection contains military papers (1943-1945); personal papers (1982); correspondence (1943-1945); and ephemera (1943).
HAROLD J. "HAL" ALFORD PAPERS
Harry J. Leisentritt Papers
Collection contains photographs of Camp Swift, Tex.; Gore Range, Colo.; Italy; Camp Hale, Colo.; Leadville, Colo. and 45 candid photographs of men, groups, training at Camp Hale (1943-1945). Additional ephemera includes a watercolor of mules (n.d.), general order, separation papers and travel tickets.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 136
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 1
- Personal papers 107
- Ski troops. 87
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 67
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 65
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 61
- Photographs 38
- Personal papers. 30
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 27
- Photographs. 22
- Correspondence 20
- Correspondence. 17
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 15
- Military records 15
- Letters (correspondence) 13
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 10
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 6
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 6 + ∧ less
- English 126
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arapaho 1
- Dakota 1
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 14
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 13
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 3
- Denver Art Museum, 2
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 2
- National Ski Association of America -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 2 + ∧ less