Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 78
HENRY I. MOSCOW PAPERS
Herman Arthur Smith Papers
Collection contains autographs from Jim Falkenburg, Jack Dempsey, Patricia Morrison, and Dina Shore (1943); copy of Camp Hale Ski-zette (April 21, 1943); USO program, menu, clippings from Kiska Island (1943-1945); Notice of hospital discharge (1943); Special order no. 277 (1944); family correspondence (1943-1944).
Hugh H. Bruner Papers
Collection contains obituary and memorials; copies of photographs; play script; citation; clippings; memoir; copy of journal; reports; correspondence, newsletter.
Jack W. Mitchell Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence, propaganda flyer and photographs (1943-1945).
Jacob Pollack Papers
Collection contains copy of correspondence explaining how five of his brothers also served in the Army (2001); The Pollack Journal: typescript compilation of correspondence between the Pollack brothers and their parents (August-November 1944); correspondence from 6th grade class to Jacob Pollack (2001); photograph of Jacob and Sophie Pollack (n.d.).
Jesse Eugene Baker Papers
Collection contains National Association of the 10th Mountain Division materials: correspondence, reunion information, scholarship subcommittee notes, minutes, notes, chapter information, personal papers of other 10th Mountain members, brochures.
John Benson Papers
Collection contains correspondence, prayer book, ephemera (1943-1945).
John F. Schmelzer Papers
Collection contains biographical information (1945), citation (1947), correspondence and commendation (1945, 1943), military reports and correspondence (1943-1945, 1999), photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. and Kiska Island (1943), portraits (1947, 2002).
John H. Pierpont Papers
Collection contains copies of newspaper clippings (1945), personal correspondence (1945), journal entry (1945), Bronze Star citation (1945), travel history (1936).
John Imbrie Papers
Collection contains news clippings, personal papers, correspondence, memoirs and copied photograph album, photos of Hut trip (2004), Italian reunion booklets (2006).
John Stewart Silman Papers
Military documents - separation papers and leather wallet, correspondence from Colonel David M. Fowler, sympathy card 1945, 2000 Photographs - some identified, dates range from 1942-1945 Ephemera - gold ID bracelet, dog tag, silver money clip 1945
John W. Cunninghan Papers
Collection contains baptismal certificate (1921), clipping (1945). discharge papers (1945), CCC documents and photographs (1939-1941), photographs 1943-1945, certificate and Bronze Star citation (1942, 1945), postcards (1950) and campaign ribbons and 10th Mountain Division shoulder patch (ca.1945), postcards of Lanesboro, Minn. (ca.1950).
Joseph Goldberg Papers
Collection contains military documents and awards, as well as a scrapbook of newspaper clippings, photographs, telegrams, postcards and booklets collected by Goldberg while in the Army.
Judson P. Hurd Papers
Collection contains correspondence (1944-1945), unit journal (1944-1945), clippings, menu, photograph of Hurd (1945).
Lester E. Harris Papers
Collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); military records (1943, 1945), ephemera: Italian lira currency, soldier's sewing kit, Germany Army wound badge (ca.1940s); publications: Remount Blue: The Combat Story of the Third Battalion, 86th Mountain Infantry by David Brower (1948), The Truth about Trooper by Barbara Steinhauser (1998); photographs and postcards (ca.1945).
Lewis F. St. John Papers
Collection contains training certificate (Camp Roberts, Calif.); midget diary; This Damn Tree Leaks by Bill Mauldin (with hand-written notes); loose photographs; newspaper clippings; scrapbook (copies of photographs, newspaper clippings, discharge papers); V-mail; military forms; photograph album (picture post card views of Italy).
Marcus Kletter Papers
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Martin Leonard D'Ooge Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1945); military records and personal papers (1945-1947); map with notations (ca.1945); and a memoir: "1st Platoon, Co. D, 85 Mtn. Inf. Reg., 10th Mtn. Div." (1991).
Maximilian Gross Papers
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
Melvin R. Mailloux Papers
Collection contains photocopy of correspondence by Mailloux describing the last months of WWII in Italy and honoring his friend, Tim Evans (1999); magazine article (1945).
Nathan Morrell Papers
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
PHILIP H. STEVENS PAPERS
Raymond C. Richardson Papers
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
Richard H. Nebeker Papers
Collection contains copies of Nebeker's memoir: My Experiences in the Ski Troops (1989); letter to Glen Hines (1990).
Richard M. Calvert Papers
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
ROBERT B. ELLIS PAPERS
Robert C. Sandell Papers
Collection contains a copy of Bill Mauldin's book: The Damn Tree Leaks (ca.1945) used as an autograph book; record book with notes, photos, clippings of Italian Campaign (former scrapbook #45, ca.1945); Recordo di Venezia scrapbook with photographs of Venice and handwritten notes (ca.1945); Italian map with annotations (ca.1945).
Robert C. Tangarone Papers
Collection contains Tangarone's memoir (2003); b/w photo in Italy (1945); v-mail correspondence to family (1945).
Robert C. Westland Papers
Contains correspondence, personal papers, aerial photographs of Camp Hale, Colorado (1943).
Robert Donald Hansen Papers
Collection contains military records, booklets and insignia, correspondence to and from family members, and photographs from training and time spent in Italy.
- Ski troops. 75
- Personal papers 67
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 67
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 59
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 53
- Photographs 30
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 23
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 13
- Military records 12
- Personal papers. 11
- Photographs. 11
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 6
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 5
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 5
- Correspondence 5
- Ephemera (general object genre) 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources 4
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Photographs. 4 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 15
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 14
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 13
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 11
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 3
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 2
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 2
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 2
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 2
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000 -- Archives. 1
- Baker, Jesse E. (Jesse Eugene), 1919-2000, 1 + ∧ less