Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 258
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION PERSONAL PAPERS
605th Field Artillery Battalion, B Battery Records
616th Field Artillery Battalion Records
A. Gardner Finn Papers
The collection contains biographical information and genealogy (n.d.); post-war correspondence (1997-2003); 10th Mountain Division related photographs of the Memorial Highway (Calif.), War Memorial (Tenn.), and vehicle license plates (1997, n.d.).
Aaron J. Schenck Papers
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Alan V. Carlson papers
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Albert G. Field Papers
Collection contains correspondence about Field's recollections of the war and copies of his newsletter.
Albert H. Meinke, Jr. Papers
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
ALBERT N. BROCKMAN PAPERS
Albert N. Nencioni Papers
Alfred Ricken Papers
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
Alvin L. Monroe Papers
Collection contains blueprints from machine shops located inside the tunnels near Lake Garda (1944), Fiat factory time card (1945), train schedule (1945), correspondence; military records (1943-1945), booklet, photographs (1945).
Andrew L. Lucas Papers
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1944, 1945, 1968-1997); military records (1943-1945); annotated maps of Italy (ca.1945); Photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. reunion (1987), military training (1943-1945).
Anthony J. Mancuso Papers
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945, 1946) and ephemera (n.d.).
Anthony N. Smith Papers
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
Armand W. Giovanni Papers
Collection contains Giovanni's war journal (1945), military records, postcards (1945), photographs (1943-1945).
ARNOLD C. HOLEYWELL
ARTHUR F. MUSCHLER PAPERS
ARTHUR G. DRAPER PAPERS
Arthur L. Glidden Papers
Collection contains photocopies of correspondence believed to have been written by Glidden written between July 18 - November 18, 1943 (65 pages).
Ballard G.Busby Papers
Includes 13 large photographs (copies) showing Camp Hale (Colorado) and Italy during World War II, one small photo of Pvt Haslam, correspondence, and a Bronze Star Medal citation (July 5, 1945).
Bardulf C. Ueland Papers
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1946); biographical materials (n.d.).
BERNARD J. MURPHY PAPERS
The collection spans December 24, 1944 to March 29, 1945 and includes letters between Murphy and his wife, Yvette. Also included are letters between Murphy and his sister-in-law, Rheita Turgeon. Murphy began sending letters home just two days after his arrival in Italy. His first letters describe his impressions of Italy. Later letters provide numerous details and observations about his life on the front lines, his brief hospitalization and his short assignment to a rest camp.
Bill Milne Papers
Bill W. Seaman Papers
Collection includes loose photos, 126th Engineers reunion (September 1994), a photograph album, 126th Engineers reunions (1994, 1996) and a letter from Seaman to his parents (May 16, 1945), three photo albums (1992-1994).
Bruce A. Wakefield Papers
Collection contains: photocopies of Wakefield's military records (1945, 1946); correspondence (1943, 1945, 1988).
Bruce B. Cooke Papers
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
C. Page Smith Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituaries (1995), copies of photographs (1949, 1950), manuscript copy of Time and Tide: Reflections on the Strange Journey of Old Age by Smith (1992), correspondence regarding Smith's death (1995).
Carl D. Kerekes Papers
Included in the collection are Kerekes' military records from office candidate school (1944) and a copy of his memoir: "Recollections - Ski Troops at War" (2000).
- Ski troops. 236
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 194
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 152
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 101
- Correspondence 93
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 81
- Personal papers 70
- Photographs 66
- Military records 54
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 40
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Ephemera (general object genre) 29
- Memoirs 28
- Scrapbooks 26
- Photographs. 21
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 19
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 17
- Correspondence. 13
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 12 + ∧ less
- English 256
- German 5
- Italian 2
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 34
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 20
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 16
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 15
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 10
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 7
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 6
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 3 + ∧ less