Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 236
The collection contains correspondence (1942-1943); photograph album with images of Camp Hale, Colo., Aspen, Colo., Fort Ord, Calif., Adak and Kiska, Alaska; 114 35mm slides of Kiska, Adak islands during the 1943 invasion, and Camp Hale, Colo.
Collection contains photocopy of a letter written to Lyle Bryner to Dewey Anderson's grandson describing the attack on Mt. Belvedere (4 pages). Dewey D. Anderson (1926-1985) was a member of Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Gulandi on March 5, 1945, and was then wounded in action the following day.
The collection includes poetry by Erling Omland, Laura Winter and Thurl Brown; film and interview transcripts; National Association correspondence, business papers and notes; History of the International Federation of Mountain Soldiers (draft by MacKenzie); Army Signal Corps photographs (1943-1945); newspaper clippings, reunion materials, reunion photographs (1990-2001) and other related ephemera.
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Collection contains copies of military papers, personal papers, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, cover of bible (1944-1945), Camp Swift memoir (1944).
Collection contains copy of a 4-part, handwritten account by Weinberg of the activities of 3rd section, 3rd platoon (81mm mortars), Company D, 1st Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment during the Italian campaign (1945); copies of 5 letters written between Weinberg and his parents (April-November 1945).
The collection contains correspondence (1945); military records and personal papers (1945-1947); map with notations (ca.1945); and a memoir: "1st Platoon, Co. D, 85 Mtn. Inf. Reg., 10th Mtn. Div." (1991).
Collection contains copies of Gross' letters (1945), emigration documents (1942), and personal property certificate (1945).
The collection contains family correspondence (1944-1945); a copy of the article: "War & Remembrance-Mountain Man" (1993); a copy of Border's memoir: "King of the Mountain" (ca.1981); scrapbook assembled by Border's mother (1944-1945).
Collection contains photocopy of correspondence by Mailloux describing the last months of WWII in Italy and honoring his friend, Tim Evans (1999); magazine article (1945).
Collection contains copies of correspondence (1940s, 1995, 1997-1999), photographs (1942-1943, n.d.) of training at Camp Hale, Colo., Fort Drum ceremony, mules, and training in the Columbia Ice Fields, Canada.
The items in the collection include McKinstry's military records (1941-1953); photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945).
Collection contains military correspondence, orders, rosters (1943-1945).
Collection contains 17 b/w photographic prints (ca.1942-1945); newspaper clipping (1945); Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals (1945); correspondence (1940s); 1 CD-Rom of photographs documenting La Mere's life (n.d.); manuscript of: In Memory, 1st Lieutenant Oliver J. La Mere: A Soldiers Biography by Charles Chouinard (2010); photographs of Fort Riley, Kan. (1933-1944), Fort Meade, S.D. (1942), family and friends (1940s).
The collection contains correspondence (1943); military papers (1943-1945).
The collection consists of a scrapbook with photographs of the Italy Reunion Tour (1969); Italian newspaper articles; photocopies of photographs. A second small book contains clippings and a copy of a short memoir: "Dear Arlene" (n.d.) written by Clark.
The collection contains personal correspondence (1942, 1945).
Letter from a Chaplain to the Bromaghin family (1945).
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
Collection contains copies of letter (1943) detailing the friendly fire shooting of Coporal Jack Ingstrom on Kiska Island; copy of Silver Star Medal order (1945); photograph of Jack Ingstrom's helmet (1945).
Collection contains photocopies of personal and death related correspondence; military forms regarding personal effects and burial (1943-1945).
Copies of Billi's wartime correspondence printed in memorial publication (1945).
Compact disc contains scans of 67 letters and their corresponding envelopes
Collection contains copies of Nebeker's memoir: My Experiences in the Ski Troops (1989); letter to Glen Hines (1990).
The collection contains Cooper's military papers (1942-1945); related ephemera (ca.1940's); and a copy of his memoir: "Trooper Cooper's Nine Lives" (n.d.).
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
Collection contains a copy of Schwarzchild's unpublished autobiography: Without fear of infamy (n.d.); Senator Robert Dole correspondence (1996). German military uniform patches, German and Italian currency, safe conduct passes and receipts for surrendered soldiers, ephemera, letter transcripts, AMS map (1944-1945).
- Ski troops. 218
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 216
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 194
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 153
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 98
- Correspondence 97
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 78
- Personal papers 70
- Photographs 65
- Military records 54
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 37
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Ephemera (general object genre) 32
- Memoirs 29
- Scrapbooks 23
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 21
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 18
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 14
- Camp Carson (Colo.) 13
- Photographs. 12 + ∧ less
- English 234
- German 5
- Italian 3
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 39
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 38
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 25
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 24
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 23
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 23
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 12
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 9
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 8
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 4
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 4
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th. 3
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 2 + ∧ less