Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 351
10TH MOUNTAIN DIVISION PERSONAL PAPERS
Aaron J. Schenck Papers
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN FELLOWS PAPERS
Alan L. Shultes Papers
Collection contains photos of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); unit photo of Company C, 87th Infantry Regiment (1944); memoir by H. Robert Krear: The journal of a U.S. Army mountain trooper in World War II (1993); Birth of a division by George F. Earle (1995); company roster and insignias (n.d.); information packet on the World War II valor in the Pacific National Monument (n.d.).
Albert A. Wiedorn Papers
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Albert G. Field Papers
Collection contains correspondence about Field's recollections of the war and copies of his newsletter.
Albert H. Jackman Papers
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituary, correspondence (1942-1943), military papers (1941-1944) and Italy maps.
Albert H. Meinke, Jr. Papers
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
Albert R. and Ira E. Slack Papers
The Ira E. and Albert R. Slack collection contains materials on the Colorado State Association of Colored Women’s Clubs, minutes of the Charm and Culture Study Club, Shorter A.M.E. Church programs and ceremonies, organizational membership pins and cards, address books, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, plaques, certificates, awards, basketball trophies, a passport, and affiliate organizations materials.
Alice Borodkin Papers
Collection is arranged chronologically and documents her work in the Colorado House of Representatives and as an author and advocate for women's rights. Materials related to her political career include information about human trafficking, women's health and rights, and Colorado's economic development. Her publishing and writing includes articles, columns, Women's Business Chronicle information and samples of her poetry.
Althea Redd Papers
One linear foot box of research, correspondence, and reports dated from 1972 to 2015. Papers cover a range of topics including people, events and issues important in Denver's Auraria and Five Points neighborhoods. One OVBox contains a quilt created in about 2008.
Alvin Barta Papers
Correspondence, typescripts of unpublished writings, travel memorabilia, clippings from and copies of newspapers and magazines in which his cartoons appeared, as well as reproductions of other artists' works. Includes his book: Timetable of civilizations. New York : Vantage Press, c1958.
Alvin L. Monroe Papers
Collection contains blueprints from machine shops located inside the tunnels near Lake Garda (1944), Fiat factory time card (1945), train schedule (1945), correspondence; military records (1943-1945), booklet, photographs (1945).
Alvin Mosch Papers
Collection contains copies of typed manuscripts: "The One-Hundred Dollar Bill" concerns silver mining, Poor Slob Mine, working in Central City lab; "Crime and Punishment" outlines Mosch's involvement in capturing a drug dealer; letter to "Fellow Miner" on government mining regulations; photocopies of newspaper clippings on Mosch; letter to "Mining Claim Owner" on tax revenues from mines.
Ann Byrd Kennon Papers
Collection contains correspondence, speeches and research papers by Kennon cover the topic of women in the workplace; Collegiate Bureau of Occupation (Denver, Colo.) records include occupational surveys; biographical sketch of Dr. Margaret Ethel V. Fraser, Denver, Colo. physician; newspaper clippings regarding Dr. Florence Sabin; papers from American Association of University Women, Denver Branch.
Annie Brenman-West Papers
Collection contains materials: ceremonial vest, clippings, programs, White Rose Scholarship Foundation, scrapbook, photographs, and ephemera related to Brenman-West's involvement with the Imperial Court of the Rocky Mountain Empire (ICRME); additionally a memorial to and photographs of Les A. Dirks (1956-1994).
Annie E. Blake Papers
Collection contains two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings about Colorado pioneer days and settlers and about Mrs. Blake's Steinberger relatives. Loose items include financial records and mainly concern Steinberger family. Some photographs housed in repository's photographic collection.
Anthony J. Sileo Papers
Collection contains memoir: My Life in the 10th Mountain Division (n.d.)
Anthony N. Smith Papers
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
ANTHONY PALANGE PAPERS
ARCHIBALD ALLISON PAPERS
Armand W. Giovanni Papers
Collection contains Giovanni's war journal (1945), military records, postcards (1945), photographs (1943-1945).
ARNOLD C. HOLEYWELL
Arthur and Beatrice Branscombe Papers
Collection contains research materials collected by the Branscombes related to their work with civic causes and public movements: Denver House Authority, League of Women Voters, La Rasa, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Greater Park Hill Community, Inc., Park Hill Action Committee, civil rights, fair housing, Title VI (prohibition of discrimination), Denver Public Schools.
Arthur F. Thompson Papers
Collection contains a copy of Thompson's memoirs: A Military Journey - memoirs of Arthur F. Thompson as a 10th Mountain Division soldier in World War II (2013).
Arthur Gayle Waldrop Papers
Collection contains correspondence, list of publications, an incomplete submission to the National Conference of Editorial Writers, a speech, and miscellaneous handwritten notes.
Arthur Howard Smith Papers
The collection contains original and copy photographs and negatives documenting Arthur Howard and Grace G. Smith, their families, ancestors, military service, home and friends. Additional material includes a copy of Brantigan's biography of Smith, notes, clippings, scrapbook, correspondence, guest book, and other ephemera.
Augusta Allen Hardy Papers
Collection contains material related to Alpha Kappa Alpha Epsilon Nu Omega Chapter, articles, clippings, event programs, a calendar and a book of poetry by Maleika S. Mosley.
Barbara Coopersmith Papers
Collection contains ADL correspondence and photographs (1971, 1989), Alan Berg murder case related correspondence (1985), clippings and correspondence regarding voter registration in Miss. (1965), Colorado Anti-Discrimination Commission related correspondence (1957), artwork.
BENJAMIN DRAPER PAPERS
- Subject: Personal papers. X
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 320
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 31
- Personal papers 273
- Ski troops. 121
- Photographs 103
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 92
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 82
- Personal papers. 78
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 67
- Photographs. 52
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 38
- Scrapbooks 26
- Military records 22
- Correspondence 20
- Office files 20
- Ephemera (general object genre) 18
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. 17
- Correspondence. 17
- Letters (correspondence) 13
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 12
- Clippings (information artifacts) 11 + ∧ less
- English 325
- German 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arapaho 1
- Dakota 1
- Japanese 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 26
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 23
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 22
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 17
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 11
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- GLBT Community Center of Colorado (Denver, Colo.) 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources 5
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources. 5
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th -- Archival resources. 5
- United States -- Army -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 4
- Imperial Court of the Rocky Mountain Empire (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment-- Archival resources. 3
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 3
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources. 3
- United States. ǂb Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 3
- Colorado AIDS project -- History. 2
- Colorado. -- Supreme Court. 2 + ∧ less