Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 595
Collection contains: Forever Italy trip itinerary and attendee list (2015), Florence American Cemetery and Memorial pamphlet, program and map (2015), Hotel pamphlets (2015), City guides and area maps (2015), Museum exhibition pamphlets and posters (2014-2015).
Collection contains reunion related registration materials: forms, receipt books, account summary, correspondence, invoices, expense vouchers, rosters, and ephemera related to the 2004 Reunion of the 10th Mountain Division held in Austin, Tex. in the summer of 2004.
Collection contains large, mounted, copy photographs used during the October 11-14, 2013 reunion held in Washington, D.C.: group photographs of the 85th, 86th, 87th Infantry Regiments (1944); individual photographs of soldiers (1943-1945). All photos are identified with most portraits including biographical information on the verso.
Collection contains 11 DVCam video cassettes which document the various events, ceremonies and parades that were held between June 15-July 1, 2012 during the 2012 reunion in Italy.
Collection contains 3 Video8 cassettes, and 4 VHS copies, taken during the 1994 Reunion in Italy: Tape #1. Rome, Vatican City, Tivoli, Night Club Tour, Florence, Alpini dinner. Tape #2. Memorial service at Florence Cemetery, Florence, San Gimignano, hill towns and celebrations. Tape #3. Venice, Lake Garda and Riva, farewell dinner at Riva.
Collection contains 6 VHS video cassettes documenting events and activities held during the 40th Anniversary return to Italy reunion held in 1985. The tapes were produced, directed and filmed by Douglas C. Leitch, and edited by Bill Francis.
Collection contains original and copied materials previously assembled into 11 binders by Charles Webb. Though nearly all materials have been removed from their binders, the original order of pages has been maintained. One album, The Mountain Artillery: The Mountain Howitzer, remains in its original binder. This collection originally comprised two boxes but has been reduced to one box following the removal of the binders.
The collection contains biographical information and genealogy (n.d.); post-war correspondence (1997-2003); 10th Mountain Division related photographs of the Memorial Highway (Calif.), War Memorial (Tenn.), and vehicle license plates (1997, n.d.).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schwartz's experiences: the DUKW sinking at Lake Garda.
Collection contains photos of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); unit photo of Company C, 87th Infantry Regiment (1944); memoir by H. Robert Krear: The journal of a U.S. Army mountain trooper in World War II (1993); Birth of a division by George F. Earle (1995); company roster and insignias (n.d.); information packet on the World War II valor in the Pacific National Monument (n.d.).
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Includes newspapers clipping (copy), photographs (copies), memoir of World War II and four photographs of Partridge and other 10th Mountain Division Veterans during 2003 reunion.
Collection contains correspondence about Field's recollections of the war and copies of his newsletter.
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituary, correspondence (1942-1943), military papers (1941-1944) and Italy maps.
Collection contains a manuscript copy of Meinke's book: Mountain troops and medics, wartime stories of a frontline surgeon in the U.S. Ski Troops (ca.1990s).
In depth account of Gagliardi's involvement with the 87th Infantry and his experiences serving on Kiska, Alaska in the Spring of 1943. The majority of the tape examines the passage to Kiska and combat there. Interview concludes with recounting of the passage home which includes a vivid account of a storm just before landing in Seattle.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Fernandes' experiences: joining the 10th Mountain Division because of his interest in the out of doors; climb up Riva Ridge; battle that broke out during the ascent and being wounded; being saved by a harmonica and prayer book in his pocket; time recuperating in the hospital; D-Series maneuvers.
Collection contains a copy of Simo's memoir: Remembering... family biography from 1655 and Al's autobiography from 1922-1946 (ca.1984); Remembering... the early years in New York City until after WWII (2004); 10th Mountain Images from Al Simo (2004).
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 420
- Ski troops. 336
- Oral histories (document genres) 199
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 194
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 180
- DVDs 166
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 165
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 157
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 141
- Camp Swift (Tex.) 121
- Mini-DV 112
- Photographs 105
- Personal papers 99
- Correspondence 97
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 87
- Military records 70
- Clippings (information artifacts) 63
- Memoirs 59
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. 54 + ∧ less
- English 394
- German 10
- Italian 3
- Japanese 2
- French 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 161
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 75
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 65
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 64
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 60
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 44
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 44
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 36
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 27
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 16
- Hampton, Myrna, 14
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th. 14
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 11
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 9
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 9
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. Armadillo chapter. 7 + ∧ less