Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 5905
View of a group of business men from Denver, Colorado identified as the 3rd Council. Identification, left to right, A. McCune, S.D. Kasserman, George Tritch, H.J. Brendlinger, John Maloney, Gen. Bowen, L.L., McGaffney (really Edward Gaffney).
Sketches and watercolors by various unknown artists
Collection contains a large assortment of motion picture films, videotapes, and audio recordings that document the activities of the 10th Mountain Division and its soldiers during and after W.W. II (1940-1951); and the activities of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. (ca.1972-2003).
Collection contains newspaper clippings and excerpts taken from books.
Collection contains mostly meeting minutes, reports, and historical notes. Recordings of a few presentations and oral histories are also included.
Ephemera from the 10th Mountain Division including such items as: a car tag from Camp Hale, Christmas cards, German map carrying case, Japanese flag, medals, patches, propaganda leaflets (German and Japanese), Visitors pass from Camp Hale, Italian souvenirs and religious material (U.S. and German).
Field and technical manuals used by the 10th Mountain Division for training that includes: weapons, cold weather training, tactical maneuvers, operation of equipment, foreign language guides and soldier handbooks. Titles include: Field Artillery, Field Manual, Pack Artillery (1940); Basic Arctic Manual (1951); Basic Cold Weather Manual (1968); Mountain Operations (1964), Scouting, Patrolling and Sniping (1944); Pack Transportation (1944); and Operations in the Arctic (Draft) (1951).
Collection consists of annual meeting notes.
Collection contains correspondence, maps, by-laws, plans, meeting minutes, position papers, fund raising materials, financial statements, articles, brochures, marketing material, postcards, notes, news clippings, hut information, promotional water bottle. Materials related to the construction of the Uncle Bud hut for the 10th Mountain Division Hut and Trail Assoc. (1983-2012).
Collection contains atlases, topographical and photo maps of Italy, Kiska Island, Alaska, Camp Swift, Tex., Camp Hale, Colo., Germany, Europe, and the World. Some battle maps have been annotated.
Collection contains 10 miniature photo albums: (A) Memorial Days at our Monument at Tennessee Pass; (B) Leadville Burro Race; (C) Air Force Academy football games; (D) Student Conservation Association luncheon; (E) Kamerandekreis der Gebirgstruppe, President's Visit; (F) Skiing with Denver Boy's Inc., Ski Scholarship recipients; (G) Ski rallies; (H) A day at Ft. Carson; (I) Spring Wing-Wang at Wong's; (J) Dedication of Camp Hale Memorial Campground.
Newspaper collection contains newspapers, articles and headlines that are related to the 10th Mountain Division. Titles include: Avalanche, Blizzard, Camp Hale Ski-Zette, The Rucksack, Camp Carson Mountaineer, Life, Stars and Stripes (Mediterranean edition) and YANK.
Includes pamphlets by various publishers about military and 10th Mountain subjects such as training, travel guides, song books, historical information, campaign information, equipment, poetry and returning to civilian life.
Collection consists of annual meeting notes.
Collection contains reunion related registration materials: forms, receipt books, account summary, correspondence, invoices, expense vouchers, rosters, and ephemera related to the 2004 Reunion of the 10th Mountain Division held in Austin, Tex. in the summer of 2004.
Collection contains: Forever Italy trip itinerary and attendee list (2015), Florence American Cemetery and Memorial pamphlet, program and map (2015), Hotel pamphlets (2015), City guides and area maps (2015), Museum exhibition pamphlets and posters (2014-2015).
Collection contains large, mounted, copy photographs used during the October 11-14, 2013 reunion held in Washington, D.C.: group photographs of the 85th, 86th, 87th Infantry Regiments (1944); individual photographs of soldiers (1943-1945). All photos are identified with most portraits including biographical information on the verso.
Collection contains 3 Video8 cassettes, and 4 VHS copies, taken during the 1994 Reunion in Italy: Tape #1. Rome, Vatican City, Tivoli, Night Club Tour, Florence, Alpini dinner. Tape #2. Memorial service at Florence Cemetery, Florence, San Gimignano, hill towns and celebrations. Tape #3. Venice, Lake Garda and Riva, farewell dinner at Riva.
Collection contains 11 DVCam video cassettes which document the various events, ceremonies and parades that were held between June 15-July 1, 2012 during the 2012 reunion in Italy.
Collection contains 6 VHS video cassettes documenting events and activities held during the 40th Anniversary return to Italy reunion held in 1985. The tapes were produced, directed and filmed by Douglas C. Leitch, and edited by Bill Francis.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5639
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 266
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 465
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Ski troops. 445
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 400
- Photographic prints. 377
- Scrapbooks 354
- Clippings (information artifacts) 271
- Personal papers 258
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 193
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- Black-and-white photographs 178
- Organization files 178
- DVDs 171
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 162 ∧ less
- English 3224
- Undetermined 45
- German 23
- Spanish; Castilian 16
- French 8
- Italian 7
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dakota 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Ukrainian 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 63
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 46
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 22
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 ∧ less