Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 38
In depth account of Gagliardi's involvement with the 87th Infantry and his experiences serving on Kiska, Alaska in the Spring of 1943. The majority of the tape examines the passage to Kiska and combat there. Interview concludes with recounting of the passage home which includes a vivid account of a storm just before landing in Seattle.
His interview deals with prominent political figures and their activities. Interviewed by James Davis on May 5, 1963.
Campbell discusses his childhood, joining the 10th Mountain Division and about his service with the Division at home and abroad. Talks at length about Camp Hale, about training troops for winter survival at Camp McCoy (Wisconsin) and about the first National Military Ski Championships at Tennessee Pass. Campbell also discusses his military career.
Marchese talks about family, traditions, customs, the Lodge and social activities.
Kennerly discusses his ancestry, childhood, military training and experiences during World War II.
Dr. Godbold discusses the highlights of his life and career.
Recalls his experiences with the Ku Klux Klan in Colorado.
Recalls incidents of Ku Klux Klan's influence on state government and other activities of the organization.
Fiore talks about family, traditions, customs, the Lodge and social activities.
Steele discusses his life, the Williams Fork area, and ranching.
Describes youth, education, career paths. Includes political observations about racial relations, youth, the aged, education and South Africa.
Saunders talks about his boyhood impressions of John Galen Locke, Grand Dragon of the Colorado Ku Klux Klan, and Locke's associates. Relates some stories about the Klan as told to him by his father.
Recalls experiences with the Ku Klux Klan in Colorado and John Galen Locke, Grand Dragon of the Colorado Ku Klux Klan.
Discusses Tebow's early life and education, a wide range of water issues and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation projects from 1930-1966.
State Senator Toll discusses events of the Colorado 25th General Assembly and his opposition to the legislative program of the Ku Klux Klan dominated Assembly.
Altrichter discusses experiences as waiter and maitre d' at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Clayton talks about his being drafted, training, and Officer's Candidate School. He talks about his decision to join the 10th Mountain Division. He also discusses his childhood and working his way through art school at Washington University.
Account of Meier's experiences flying recon missions in Italy during World War II. Meier gives brief accounts of specific missions that he flew with Lieutenant Luther Hall which included active fighting with air and ground forces.
Lawler and Seracuse talk about their architectural education, the establishment of Seracuse Lawler and Partners, and Denver (Colo.) architecture.
Santopietro talks about family, traditions, customs, the Lodge and social activities.
Chaplain with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. Served with the 85th Infantry Regiment at Camp Carson, Camp Swift and Italy.
Reminiscences about Moore's experiences during the height of the Ku Klux Klan influence in Colorado.
Noel talks about her childhood, family, education, marriage and her careers as a welfare worker and magazine editor; also discusses Denver public school system and a trip to African.
Humphreys recalls his experience as a Denver (Colo.) Post reporter covering the activities of William J. Candish, a Ku Klux Klan appointed police chef; also discusses John Galen Locke, Grand Dragon of Ku Klux Klan of Colorado.
Owen talks about the family photographs (copy prints) that he donated to the Denver Public Library; talks about his family and his grandfather, William Jennings Bryan. Newspaper article details the marriage of Owen's parents, Reginald and Ruth Bryan Leavitt.
Recalls Ku Klux Klan activities during the time he was bodyguard for Grand Dragon, Dr. John Galen Locke (1871-1935). Discusses election and actions of various city and state officials and their involvement with the organization; investigations of the organizations by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Names: Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) X
- Sound recordings 37
- White supremacy movements -- Colorado -- History. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 9
- Italian Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century -- Interviews. 8
- Ski troops -- Interviews. 8
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 6
- African American educators -- Colorado -- Denver -- Interviews. 1
- African American educators -- Colorado -- Denver. 1
- African American legislators -- Colorado -- Denver -- Interviews. 1
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- Interviews. 1
- Architects -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century -- Interviews. 1
- Architectural firms -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. 1
- Channels (Hydraulic engineering) -- West (U.S.) -- History. 1
- Civil engineers -- West (U.S.) -- 20th century -- Interviews. 1
- Colorado Springs (Colo.) -- History 1
- Fire departments -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. 1
- Fire departments -- Colorado -- Denver -- Officials and employees -- Interviews -- 20th century. 1
- Indians of North America -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Colorado -- 20th century -- Interviews. 1 ∧ less
- English 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Colorado -- Interviews. 9
- Societa Nativi di Potenza (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources. 8
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 8
- McKinley, Laura, 7
- Locke, John Galen, 1871-1935 -- Biography. 4
- Gray, Juanita, 3
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 3
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 3
- Davis, James, 2
- Humphreys, Ray M. (Ray Murto), 1893-1973 -- Interviews. 2
- Toll, Henry W. (Henry Wolcott), 1887- -- Interviews. 2
- Altrichter, John R.,1891-1985. 1
- Altrichter, John, 1891-1985 -- Interviews. 1
- Baldwin, Donald, 1
- Benedict, Brian, 1
- Boddington, William W., 1910-1996 -- Interviews. 1
- Boddington, William W.,1910-1996. 1
- Broadmoor (Hotel : Colorado Springs, Colo.) -- History. 1
- Brown, George L. (George Leslie), Jr. -- 1926-2006. 1 ∧ less