Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 437
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schwartz's experiences: the DUKW sinking at Lake Garda.
In depth account of Gagliardi's involvement with the 87th Infantry and his experiences serving on Kiska, Alaska in the Spring of 1943. The majority of the tape examines the passage to Kiska and combat there. Interview concludes with recounting of the passage home which includes a vivid account of a storm just before landing in Seattle.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Fernandes' experiences: joining the 10th Mountain Division because of his interest in the out of doors; climb up Riva Ridge; battle that broke out during the ascent and being wounded; being saved by a harmonica and prayer book in his pocket; time recuperating in the hospital; D-Series maneuvers.
Talks about how he came to Denver (Colo.) from New York City to open the School of Modern Dance and the Changing Scene Theater. Provides insights into the difficulties in establishing theater in Denver (Colo.) Offers critiques of local media coverage and local reviewers.
Discusses the Coors family and her own life. Also includes comments by Holly Coors.
Brushwiller her life, the Coors family, the Coors house and estate. Also includes comments by Bertha Margaret Collbran.
Discusses discusses the history of the Thomas Hornsby Ferril House and the Ferril family.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Sam T. Thomas' experiences as told by his wife, Ann K. Thomas: time in the Army, sadness at the death of his replacement in Italy; issues related to the couple's marriage not being recognized by the US Government; internment camp in Ark. destroyed by a tornado, later became a German POW camp.
Unidentified interviewee talks about her Italian heritage.
The interview provides biographical information and personal observations about Delaney's experiences as a member of the 10th Mountain Division during World War II.
Collection contains audio tape interviews conducted by Gallegos with former residents of the neighborhood, governmental officials, activists, theater related individuals and musicians. Approximately 12 of the interviews have a transcript; also included are 5 transcripts for taped interviews not found in the collection: History of Auraria class contract, Dennis Bryan, Gloria Rodriguez, Peggy Olona, Gonzales reunion.
Flaherty discusses her grandparents, Leonard and Anna Raider Gardner, the Crowe ranches, and the Ute Indians.
Latham talks about her life, family, paintings, techniques, other artists.
Rainey discusses Dearfield, Colorado and the hardships encountered by the residents; offers her opinion of the settlement and the motives of some of the people involved in the land deal.
Interviewed by David Myers, Feb. 6, 1979. Discusses Denver, CO politics during mayor Bill McNichols' administration.
Contains memories of Bezoff's political experiences, his philosophy of government.
Discusses aging, death, and retirement in Silt, Colo. Interviewed by Randall Teeuwen, June 8, 1977.
Horton talks about changes in the population of Five Points (Denver, Colo.), people in the neighborhood and the rising cost of homes.
Discussion of Gipson's boyhood, education, marriage and career.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Pustz's experiences with the 604th Field Artillery; his time in Italy; leadership qualities of men in the 10th Mountain Division; medals received during the war.
Residents, Beulah Miller and Emily Martin, talk about life in a retirement home.
DeBerard discusses her first flights during World War II and women in aviation in Colorado during the 1930s and 1940s; Crocker describes her first flight on a DC-3 in the 1930s, relates her feelings about seeing Charles Lindberg in 1928 or 1929.
Discusses financial aspects of aging and hospital care. Includes interview with Ralph Dodo who discusses coal and homesteading in New Castle, Colo. Both interviews conducted by Andrew Gulliford.
- Subject: Oral histories (document genres) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 196
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 188
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 172
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 165
- DVDs 163
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 143
- Mini-DV 113
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 88
- Sound recordings 37
- Audiocassettes 26
- Soldiers -- United States. 26
- Ski troops -- History. 25
- Art -- Colorado. 19
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- History. 19
- Kiska Island (Alaska) -- History. 19
- Notes 18
- Older men -- Colorado -- Colorado. 17
- Fort Ord (Calif.) -- History. 12
- Silt (Colo.) -- History. 11 ∧ less
- English 14
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 161
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 52
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 47
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- Hampton, Myrna, 14
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 13
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 11
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Colorado -- Interviews. 9
- Contiguglia, Georgianna 8
- Contiguglia, Georgianna. 8
- McKinley, Laura, 8
- Societa Nativi di Potenza (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources. 8
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. Armadillo chapter. 7
- Norgren, Barbara S. (Barbara Stewart) 6
- Tilson, Bernie, 6
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 6
- Nunn, Colleen. 5 ∧ less