Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 5905
Includes correspondence, postcards, news clippings and copies of news clippings. Scrapbook contains letters written to Governors and Lt. Governors of Colorado, Michigan, Massachusettes, New York, Virginia, Nevada, Oklahoma asking to light the capitol buildings on select legal holidays.
The collection contains a copy of an article generated by Hastings: "Topophilic and Topographic Perceptions of the American Mountain Soldier in WWII" (1967); clippings (1967); correspondence (1972-1973); and ephemera (n.d.).
The collection contains the 215 page, unannotated manuscript of "Adios, Havana: a memoir".
The collection contains correspondence (1943-1944, 1945, 1968-1997); military records (1943-1945); annotated maps of Italy (ca.1945); Photographs of Camp Hale, Colo. reunion (1987), military training (1943-1945).
Collection contains farm records of income and expenses (2 volumes and 14 items).
Collection contains a transcript of a letter from Andrew Washington Carson, Conyersville, Tenn. to Christopher "Kit" Carson; contains information about Carson family genealogy.
Correspondence to and from 10th Mountain Division members; papers concerning Black's work on the 10th Mountain Division Recon book; notes; and scrapbook.
Includes 14 photographs of Velma Andrews and family and friends and the Andrews home, Auditorium Theatre flyer and correspondence.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor plans with exterior perspective of the J.S. Betts house, Denver, Colo. designed by Andrews and Jaques, Architects, Boston, Mass. (ca.1888). The architectural plans are illustrations from the August 11, 1888, Nr. 659 issue of the American Architect and Building News. J. Sanford Betts worked as a broker for the real estate firm of Berkey and Co. It is not known if the house was ever built.
Business card, advertisement for forthcoming article, bibliography, and obituary for Andy Adams.
Collection contains correspondence and other items documenting Angelo Noce's efforts to have October 12th designated as Columbus Day. Included are photos, portraits, clippings, Noce family genealogy (ca.1897), drafts and other documents related to Noce's book: Columbus Day in Colorado (1910), certificates, and ephemera.
Includes correspondence, biographical information, and articles.
Animal locomotion: an electro-photographic investigation of consecutive phases of animal movements, 1872-1885
Collection contains one hundred ninety one (191) photographic plates showing humans and various animals in motion. Each plate represents a particular motion and consists of numerous frames illustrating precise anatomical movement.
Views from a trip to Colorado in 1941. Images of Denver and vicinity with views of City Park, Cheesman Park, Civic Center Park, downtown Denver, and Lookout Mountain and Buffalo Bill's grave. Images of the Manitou and Pikes Peak Railway Company and Pikes peak, Cave of the Winds, Royal Gorge and Seven Falls and unidentified Colorado scenery.
Collection contains correspondence, speeches and research papers by Kennon cover the topic of women in the workplace; Collegiate Bureau of Occupation (Denver, Colo.) records include occupational surveys; biographical sketch of Dr. Margaret Ethel V. Fraser, Denver, Colo. physician; newspaper clippings regarding Dr. Florence Sabin; papers from American Association of University Women, Denver Branch.
Discusses discusses the history of the Thomas Hornsby Ferril House and the Ferril family.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Sam T. Thomas' experiences as told by his wife, Ann K. Thomas: time in the Army, sadness at the death of his replacement in Italy; issues related to the couple's marriage not being recognized by the US Government; internment camp in Ark. destroyed by a tornado, later became a German POW camp.
The autobiography is a 4-page typescript written by Ann Spence Warner in roughly 1932 after she had published her first novel: Sidesaddle Ranch (1930). There is a 2-page addendum to the autobiography listing the titles, dates and publication titles for the short stories she had written between 1918-1932.
Collection contains two scrapbooks with newspaper clippings, programs, membership books, certificates, greeting cards, photographs, badges and ribbons from: Mile Hi Cootiette Club No. 231, National Order of Alley Cats (Auxiliary of the National Order of Trench Rats, Rattrap No. 51) and Military Order of the Cootie, Silver Dollar Pup Tent No. 1.
Includes images of Pikes Peak, the burro stable at Manitou Springs (El Paso County), Mount Corona (Rollins Pass, Grand County) and Corona (Grand County), and Estes Park. Views of Denver include the Denver Public Library (Carnegie building in Civic Center Park), the Denver Mint, the Arapahoe County Courthouse, the Pioneer Monument at the corner of Colfax and Broadway, Miss Collins residence, 1550 Pearl Street, and the Rangeleigh Apartments at 1241 Lincoln Street.
Diary kept during migration from Linn, Kan. to Peyton, Colo., 1896. Edited with introd. 1965 by her daughter, Blanche Talhelm Frantz.
Collection contains a memoir about growing up in Rocky Mountain mining camps, and letter to Luverne Scott (dated Jan. 14, 1931) including handwritten biography.
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Evans.
Collection contains Parrish letter (dated October 15, 1930) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Parrish.
Correspondence, grant applications, mailing lists, budget, fundraising activities, newsletters, press kits and clippings, reports for Colorado Symphony Orchestra and Opera Colorado.
Includes photographs and newspaper clippings acquired throughout Reeves' involvement in the American Legion; contains material that reflects the activities of the American Legion throughout the 1970s.
Collection contains materials: ceremonial vest, clippings, programs, White Rose Scholarship Foundation, scrapbook, photographs, and ephemera related to Brenman-West's involvement with the Imperial Court of the Rocky Mountain Empire (ICRME); additionally a memorial to and photographs of Les A. Dirks (1956-1994).
Collection contains two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings about Colorado pioneer days and settlers and about Mrs. Blake's Steinberger relatives. Loose items include financial records and mainly concern Steinberger family. Some photographs housed in repository's photographic collection.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5639
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 266
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 465
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Ski troops. 445
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 400
- Photographic prints. 377
- Scrapbooks 354
- Clippings (information artifacts) 271
- Personal papers 258
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 193
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- Black-and-white photographs 178
- Organization files 178
- DVDs 171
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 162 ∧ less
- English 3224
- Undetermined 45
- German 23
- Spanish; Castilian 16
- French 8
- Italian 7
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dakota 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Ukrainian 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 63
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 46
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 22
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 ∧ less