Showing Collections: 301 - 330 of 6000
Discusses discusses the history of the Thomas Hornsby Ferril House and the Ferril family.
Letter from author Arthur Ransome.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Sam T. Thomas' experiences as told by his wife, Ann K. Thomas: time in the Army, sadness at the death of his replacement in Italy; issues related to the couple's marriage not being recognized by the US Government; internment camp in Ark. destroyed by a tornado, later became a German POW camp.
The autobiography is a 4-page typescript written by Ann Spence Warner in roughly 1932 after she had published her first novel: Sidesaddle Ranch (1930). There is a 2-page addendum to the autobiography listing the titles, dates and publication titles for the short stories she had written between 1918-1932.
Collection contains two scrapbooks with newspaper clippings, programs, membership books, certificates, greeting cards, photographs, badges and ribbons from: Mile Hi Cootiette Club No. 231, National Order of Alley Cats (Auxiliary of the National Order of Trench Rats, Rattrap No. 51) and Military Order of the Cootie, Silver Dollar Pup Tent No. 1.
One photobox containing approximatley 40 b/w photographic prints from 1915. The prints appear to have been pulled from an album and bear scraps of black paper on versos. Some silvering of prints. One image has a torn upper right corner; others have visible folds. Most images are identified.
Diary kept during migration from Linn, Kan. to Peyton, Colo., 1896. Edited with introd. 1965 by her daughter, Blanche Talhelm Frantz.
Collection contains a memoir about growing up in Rocky Mountain mining camps, and letter to Luverne Scott (dated Jan. 14, 1931) including handwritten biography.
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Evans.
Collection contains Parrish letter (dated October 15, 1930) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by DPL and signed by Parrish.
Correspondence, grant applications, mailing lists, budget, fundraising activities, newsletters, press kits and clippings, reports for Colorado Symphony Orchestra and Opera Colorado.
Includes photographs and newspaper clippings acquired throughout Reeves' involvement in the American Legion; contains material that reflects the activities of the American Legion throughout the 1970s.
Collection contains materials: ceremonial vest, clippings, programs, White Rose Scholarship Foundation, scrapbook, photographs, and ephemera related to Brenman-West's involvement with the Imperial Court of the Rocky Mountain Empire (ICRME); additionally a memorial to and photographs of Les A. Dirks (1956-1994).
Collection contains two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings about Colorado pioneer days and settlers and about Mrs. Blake's Steinberger relatives. Loose items include financial records and mainly concern Steinberger family. Some photographs housed in repository's photographic collection.
Collection contains audio-cassettes, reel-to-reel audio tapes, video tapes, DVDs, and silent films documenting the annual girdiron dinner and show (1965-1977).
The collection contains one color road poster from 1970 advertising a "Superbingo" event at Annunciation Catholic Church.
Collection contains a diary with mainly brief notations of his own or friends' activities, weather, crops, agricultural pests, births, deaths, and other events of personal interest. Many gaps in chronology, such as no entries November 16, 1872-Dececmber 23, 1876. His sometimes detailed meteorological observations are not usually clearly identified as to place. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm138).
Unidentified interviewee talks about her Italian heritage.
Collection contains seven letters reminiscing about early days in Canon City, Colo. and two memorial resolutions; deed to 25 acres in Fremont County, Colo. and map of a Rudd's addition to Canon City.
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945, 1946) and ephemera (n.d.).
Collection contains memoir: My Life in the 10th Mountain Division (n.d.)
Three original letters and typed copies of two others to John Ellis, Denver, Colo., regarding Sons of Colorado banquets.
Collection consists of approximately 200 letters from Smith to his parents from 1943-1946, including newspaper clippings, photographs and postcards. A letter from February 11, 1946 included a burned letter that had been in an airmail plane crash. Notes regarding content description of 185 letters were provided by Barbara Mason (Smith) Selby.
The collection contains two photographs of a space walk simulator, letter regarding the tour and three marathon fund raising buttons (1984).
Collection contains correspondence from Perry to her grandfather (1899); newspaper and magazine clippings; cartoon; receipt.
Album contains views of the Apache Trail, Tonto National Monument, and Roosevelt Dam and lake.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5699
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 301
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 479
- Ski troops. 450
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 406
- Photographic prints. 381
- Scrapbooks 358
- Clippings (information artifacts) 275
- Personal papers 265
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Black-and-white photographs 183
- Organization files 183
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- DVDs 171
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 3806
- Undetermined 40
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 19
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 64
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 46
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less