Showing Collections: 481 - 510 of 6056
Collection contains Potter letter (dated November 13, 1930) from Westmoreland, England, to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library; "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Potter.
Mostly unidentified portraits and group portraits of men, women and children. Probably family and friends of the Becker family and Josephine Leach. A few images are identified: Blanche A. Goff, Ray E. Rilling, and J.K. Becker
Collection contains genealogical records related to the Hyatt, Bell, Prather, and Stone families compiled by Aeola Brennemann; including correspondence, census records, deeds, will, DAR application, lineage information.
Interviewed by David Myers, Feb. 6, 1979. Discusses Denver, CO politics during mayor Bill McNichols' administration.
Contains memories of Bezoff's political experiences, his philosophy of government.
Collection includes a marriage certificate, photograph, and wedding register.
Mostly aerial views Denver, Englewood and Arvada Colorado. Includes drive-in theaters, hospitals, downtown Denver, Denver Dry Goods Company, cemeteries, Hungarian Flour Mills, Englewood airport, hot air balloons, Bears Stadium (later Mile Hi Stadium), and power plants.
Discusses aging, death, and retirement in Silt, Colo. Interviewed by Randall Teeuwen, June 8, 1977.
Collection contains an albm of photographs of the family of Ben and Viola Ann Stone and their children, including photos from their own childhood and of their children.
The collection consists mainly of photographs from Italy, about half of which have been identified for location and/or people pictured. Also included are photographs of Camp Hale, Colorado; France; and Austria. Notable among the photographs of Italy is a panoramic view of Riva Ridge and surrounding peaks, pieced together from individual 8"x10" prints. A few letters (post-war), postcards and memorial booklets make up the remainder of the collection.
Collection contains photographs, clipping, notes, ledger documenting many of Brown's financial investments and business dealings.
Correspondence; pamphlet; telegrams; poems; photograph.
Collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence (1984-1995), maps with personal notes, memorabilia, military (1942-1945) and personal (1989) papers and manuscript: Skiing Soldiers to Skiing Entrepreneurs: Development of the Colorado Ski Industry (1989).
The collection contains Weschler's scrapbook; 1 water color and 1 pencil sketch related to Ski Troop training.
Collection contains letter from Darrah, Georgetown, Colo. to E. L. Hager, Denver, Colo.; Darrah writes about ownership and possible sale of Congress and Log Cabin mineral lodes.
Collection contains two letters from Denver, Colo. to daughter, Mary in Auburn, N.Y. One describes life in Denver and gives examples of colorful pioneer slang. The other expresses opposition to his son, Henry enlisting for the War since he was needed by Judge Hall toward "Keeping Colorado in subjection to the Constitution".
Collection contains clippings, legal documents related to Tritch estate, correspondence, and memorial.
Collection contains "Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Stapleton.
Collection contains typescripts of reminiscences: 1. Memoirs of Benjamin Herbert Gilbert, 1852-1976 -- 2. Memories of early radio in Denver.
Collection contains a biographical sketch of her father, Benjamin J. Perry, who practiced medicine 1880-1908 in Leadville, Aspen, and Denver. Among his clients were H.A.W. Tabor and family.
Collection contains correspondence from Salmon to U.S. District Attorney; copy of typed letter to President Woodrow Wilson; letter to editor; notes; copy of poem; typed transcripts of signs; petition to Congress.
Papers from the Colorado Environmental Lobby and Friends of the Yampa include receipts, treasurer's reports, tax documents, financial statements, bylaws, memos, correspondence, literature, membership lists, mailing lists, correspondence. Also includes correspondence from Colorado Audubon Council and Juniper Cross Mountain Project.
Collection contains a handwritten letter of inquiry to the Denver Public Library requesting information about Benjamin Long from Velma Hellyer (granddaughter); copies of obituaries for Benjamin H. Long, 1920, Mrs. Elizabeth Long (wife), Mrs. Sarah Jane Admire (daughter), 1951, Marshall M. Long (son), 1950, Charles Hellyer, 1952; copy of Benjamin Long's discharge paper from the Civil War, 1864.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5751
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 305
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 500
- Ski troops. 462
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 450
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Photographic prints. 382
- Scrapbooks 365
- Clippings (information artifacts) 283
- Personal papers 281
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 193
- Black-and-white photographs 186
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 4398
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 21
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18
- Hampton, Myrna, 14 + ∧ less