Showing Collections: 5911 - 5940 of 6056
Historical records of Denver (Colo.) mayors including clippings, correspondence, images, dictation tape, and pilot for MGM television program (16mm film); particularly includes speeches, correspondence and photographs of the Thomas G. Currigan administration (1963-1968)
Photographs, clippings, correspondence and publications addressing water conservation.
Color photocopy of City and County of Denver (Colo.) proclamation of William H. Whitsel Family Reunion Day.
Collection contains geological observations made during a trip of exploration "from South Park to Denver via Hoosier (or Ute) Pass, the Snake River, Mt. Gray, Georgetown and Golden City."
Slides by members of the William Henry Jackson Camera Club. Scenic views of Mesa Verde National Park and miscellaneous scenic views of Colorado. Photographers include Alice B. Rawson and Carl Blaurock.
Includes William Henry Jackson's original Eastman View no. 2 Improved Model Century View and Empire State No. 2 (Eastman Kodak) camera circa. 1915, triple convertible tri-pod stand, glass plates, glass plate holders and a photograph of William Henry Jackson.
Love letters to Carrie Davenport while travelling to various Colorado towns.
Summary of daily diary entries, correspondence (photocopies), photographs (JPEG files), short stories (photocopies), and oral history (MP4)
Describes travels from Cheyenne, Wyoming in winter, 1876 to Nevada including the countryside, encounters with various tribes, and animals. Original and copy.
Collection contains 2 scrapbooks. Scrapbook 1 was compiled by his wife, contains photographs, clippings and ephemera of his family, youth, school years, officer training, and service with the 10th Mountain Division, Army Signal Corps equipment photographs (ca.1920s-1945). Scrapbook 2 contains photographs, military orders, postcards, Italian money from Bourke's time at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; and service in Italy (ca.1943-1945).
Collection contains a bound volume of letters from Craine to his parents, with photographs, newspaper clippings and memorabilia.
The collection contains correspondence (1945); and Kehres' military papers and orders (1945).
The interview provides information and personal observations about Speirs' experiences: contracting yellow fever at Ft. Lewis, Wash.; digging a trench from the Apennines to Lake Garda; being a mail clerk; being at a farmhouse when it was being shelled; the end of the war.
Letters written by William J. Speirs to his wife, Ruth, during World War II comprise the bulk of the collection. Additional letters from Speirs to his parents, mother-in-law and daughter are also included. Limited post-war correspondence forms a small portion of the collection.
Collection contains numerous letters written during Terry's time at Camp Wolter, Tex. (April 1943-August 1943), Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944), Camp Swift, Tex. (1944) and Italy (1945); newspaper clipping (April 6, 1943); and three photographs of Terry (1940s-1957).
Letters from Hall to Custer concerning development and sale of the Stevens Mine, Georgetown, Colo.
Collection contains correspondence (1909-1939); itineraries; clippings (1921); school records (1912-1913); materials relating to the building of Monarch Pass, Colo.: reports, financial statements, photographs, "Story of old monarch pass" by Joseph Jeffrey.
Collection contains a letter from Bryant to P.R.P. Miller dated March 28, 1892.
Newspaper clippings; press releases; flood relief information; Denver International Airport documents; Environmental Protection Agency documents.
Manuscript material: correspondence; biographical information; publicity notices and script notes for slide presentations; notes and research on architecture. Colorado mining; newspaper clippings on historic architecture.
Images of William L. Ford, his wife Leona, and family. Miscellaneous views of identified and unidentified people and Colorado; some photographed by William L. Ford. Albums include snapshots of William L. Ford, Leona, his wife, and unidentified members of his family. Views of Colorado and Kansas.
The collection contains copies of manuscripts and correspondence related to the publication of Parker's book: "The Tenth Mountain" (1978-1990); photographs of Kiska Island, Alaska, Italian Campaign locations (ca.1989); copies of battle maps and maps of Camp Hale, Colo. (n.d.).
CD-Rom containing Reich's research and other information used for the publication of his book.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5751
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 305
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 500
- Ski troops. 462
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 450
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Photographic prints. 382
- Scrapbooks 365
- Clippings (information artifacts) 283
- Personal papers 281
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 193
- Black-and-white photographs 186
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 4376
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 21
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18
- Hampton, Myrna, 14 + ∧ less