Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 6013
Correspondence, notes, clippings, reviews, copy of the book with notes, rough drafts and notes for 2nd edition.
Correspondence to W. R. Wetherall mentions hunting trip to Ratoon Mountains (Colorado Territory), Colorado Pike's Peak gold rush, Lowrie's plans to accompany Kit Carson the following spring. Includes transcription.
Collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings of Berry's career in Denver, Colo. as a lawyer, judge, and member of the Denver Public Library commission. Includes some family items, invitations, typescripts of articles and poems.
Collection contains documents written by Chamberlain about Colorado and Colorado State University.
Microfilm of report on various ranches and brands owned by Wyoming and Colorado rancher William F. Swan; includes photographs, interviews, and transcripts of documents.
Collection contains a 110 page photocopy of a diary documenting Billingsley's time in Florence and Brownville, Nebraska Territory for the Presbyterian Board of Home Missions (1857-1861); later in Denver and mining camps in Colorado Territory during gold rush days (1861-1862).
Candid and posed views of an unidentified family in Silverton, San Juan County Colorado. Images of friends, family members (men, women, children), houses, interiors, and the town of Silverton as well as snapshots of trips, picnics, and hikes to other rural Colorado towns, Denver, and Golden.
Original typed memoir of Naval assignment at Cheefoo, China, on the Yellow Sea.
Various stories including experiences near Silver Cliff, Colorado.
Collection contains a travel diary (February 9 - March 12, 1899) documenting an ocean voyage aboard the Hamburg-American steamship Fürst Bismarck; travel documents: passenger list, menu, hotel laundry list, letter, clippings, ephemera from an 1899 European trip.
Diary of a trip from Mount Pleasant, Iowa to Montana via New York, the Isthmus, San Francisco, Portland, and the Columbia River; also return trip via Nicaragua. Describes conditions locating and building the wagon road.
A trip through the Black Canyon: by J.E. Pelton, J.A. Curtis, M.F. Hovey, E.B. Anderson, and Will Torrence
Views of a boat trip, in Colorado, down the Gunnison River through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison made by J.E. Pelton, J.A. Curtis, M.F. Hovey, E.B. Anderson, and Will Torrence. Images of the river, camp sites, rapids, portages, wrecked boats. A few images of spectators on the canyon rim and of Montrose, Colorado.
Content includes correspondence from Schenck to family members while at Camp Hale, Colorado; Camp Swift, Texas; and Italy. Also includes illustrations done by Schenck throughout, as well as collected souvenir postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, Army documents, and other memorabilia. Schenck organized the collection contents chronologically into scrapbooks; this order has been preserved.
Collection contains company related records, correspondence, minutes, clippings, contracts, printing jobs, photographs; materials from philanthropic/educational organizations supported by the Hirschfeld family: correspondence, reports, financial information, plaques, certificates, programs; family related ephemera: photographs, guest books, academic records, correspondence.
Collection contains interviews, original WWII footage, and photographs used in creating the documentary The Last Ridge
Includes manuscripts written by Hoffman about mining history and Cripple Creek (Colo.), correspondence from publishers, handwritten notes, source materials and photographs of mining areas and abandoned mines presumably in the Cripple Creek area.
Includes newspaper clippings and his written articles that are published in the All Exclusive Bull Riding News (2003-2005), The Fence Post (2003) and Rodeo News (2002).
Collection includes 4 scrapbooks containing clippings, correspondence, fliers, posters, programs, photographs and other ephemera.
Collection contains a document signed by Lincoln appointing Jason Weeks Deputy Postmaster at Bangor Maine; also signed by William H. Seward, Secretary of State; dated April 4, 1861.
Collection contains research gathered regarding Abraham Lincoln, the Lincoln/Douglas debates, the presidency, and the assassination of President Lincoln. Includes reproduction of April 15, 1865 "Daily Missouri Democrat" newspaper. Compact disc contains PDFs of illustrations, correspondence, and transcripts of seven debates.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Schwartz's experiences: the DUKW sinking at Lake Garda.
Title abstracts of property from the various additions and subdivisions of Denver, Colo. Some additional abstracts of title from properties located outside the city and county of Denver are also included.
Contains photographs related to Simeon boxing career and a newspaper clipping about the boating accident.
Includes checks and receipts signed by J. J. Culley (1906), prospectus of Accord Mining and Milling Co., 4 photographs: Culley's Tunnel, Saxon Tunnel, Accord M. & M., Co. (n.d.).
Collection contains performance programs; history; correspondence; trophies, banners and ribbons; photographs.
Typed transcript with cover letter by Don R. Mahill, Aug. 1934. Author unknown.
Collection contains a transcript of a letter (1878 January 24, Salmon City, Idaho Territory) from W.H. Falkner to his sister: Mrs. S.A. Groves of Milford, Indiana; additional sheet provides explanation of Nez Percé uprising and massacre. Original letter owned by R. F. Stanton, Arco, Idaho.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5709
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 304
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 483
- Ski troops. 451
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Photographic prints. 381
- Scrapbooks 359
- Clippings (information artifacts) 276
- Personal papers 266
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 186
- Black-and-white photographs 183
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- DVDs 172
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 3938
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 20
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 64
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less