Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 6030
Account of the Birch Creek massacre of 1877
Collection contains a transcript of a letter (1878 January 24, Salmon City, Idaho Territory) from W.H. Falkner to his sister: Mrs. S.A. Groves of Milford, Indiana; additional sheet provides explanation of Nez Percé uprising and massacre. Original letter owned by R. F. Stanton, Arco, Idaho.
Acme Building and Loan Association Records
Collection contains minute book of stockholders and executive board meetings.
Across the continent in a Brush Runabout
Account of a transcontinental automobile trip 1908 (the 17th officially recorded), with a side excursion to the top of Pikes Peak.
Act of incorporation
Act of the Legislative Assembly of Kansas Territory incorporating the Sopris City Town Company, Arapahoe County [later Colorado].
Act to Incorporate, February 21, 1860
Collection contains a document assigning the "exclusive right" to water on designated sections of the South Platte River and Cherry Creek. Certified copy signed: Hugh S. Walsh, Secretary of Kansas Territory.
Ada B. Miner Essays
Collection contains essays and letters regarding early Colorado history.
Ada Evans Papers
Includes mayoral papers, certificate of election, newspaper clippings.
Adair Welker Autobiography
Collection contains a signed typescript copy of autobiographical sketch originally written in response to a request from the librarian J.L Gillis of the State Library of California. Mostly concerns Welcker's attempts to have his writings published.
Adam J. Schrager Papers
Collection contains Schrager's research for his book: The Principled Politician: the Ralph Carr Story (2008).
Adams State College records
Collection contains ledgers containing minutes from meetings to organize Normal School (1921-1922), handwritten notes describe programs, activities, speakers and student organizations, history of school (1925-1950) and list of first faculty (1925).
Addie correspondence to Ma and Pa
Letter from Addie describing her life in Charlotte with her husband John and children, Warnie, Charlie and Lena; costs and materials for clothing; money earned from milk cow and neighbors.
Addie Correspondence to Mary
Letter from Houldon (or Houlton?), Addie describes children Josephine and Arthur, visit with Mrs. Putnam who is sewing clothes for soldiers, describes incident with cat that breaks pen and a visit with Mrs. Bradstreet.
ADDISON E. BAKER PAPERS
ADELAIDE A. FRENCH PAPERS
Adelante Mujer, Inc. Records
Collection contains correspondence, programs, lists, minutes, financial records, reports, workshop materials, awards, planning materials, rosters, memos, audio tape, VHS video cassettes documenting the organization's activities, workshops, and conferences (1980-2005).
Adirondack Mountains Records
Collection of material from several organizations working to protect the natural resources of the Adirondack Mountain region; including the Adirondack Mountain Club, the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks, Friends of the Forest Preserve, the Adirondack Moose River Committee, and the Adirondack Parks. It includes pamphlets, bulletins, articles, bylaws, surveys, legislative efforts, and land-use plans.
Adlai Stevenson Letters
Copies of correspondence from Adlai Stevenson a.k.a. Lone Bull, Ft. Berthold Reservation, Van Hook, N. D. to State and Federal agencies regarding land, delegation visit to Washington, D.C., Farm Agent position and land disputes.
Admiral Byrd's Antarctic Expeditions, Photographs
Adna Adams Treat Letter
Collection contains typed letter to Masonic Grand Lodge of Colorado from Treat describes Masonic activities, acquaintance with General Marquis de Lafayette; handwritten eulogy for Treat.
Adolph Schinner Papers
The collection includes three account ledgers for Schinner's businesses and ranch expenses (dated 1862, 1866-1884, 1866-1911); a brief Schinner/Schueler/Walter family history; an assortment of paper ephemera relating to Augusta Schinner-Walter and Augustine Walter, the daughter and granddaughter of Adolf Schinner; an obituary for Rudolph Schueler, son of Jacob Schueler; photographs of the Schinner family and friends, many of which are identified (spanning the 1880s-1959).
Adopt the Platte Project Records
Collection contains research data for recreation use along the South Platte River.
Adrian Fox Papers
Newspaper clippings, press and radio releases concerning land use, with an emphasis on overgrazing.
Adult Education Council of Denver Records
Financial records; board meeting minutes; committee reports; correspondence; handbooks; articles of incorporation and amendments; constitution; clippings; surveys; Malcolm Glenn Wyers award winners.
Advertising Card Scrapbook
Collection contains a 131 page scrapbook of primarily color advertising and business cards; chiefly from Denver, Colorado.
Advertising Club of Denver Records
Collection contains president's papers, financial statements, board minutes, contest entries, awards, clippings, pictures, historical data, correspondence, membership applications, photographs, competition notebooks, club directories.
Aero Enterprises records
Collection contains constructions plans for hangar apron probably at Stapleton Airport (Denver, Colorado.).
Aetna Mining Company Stock Purchase
Collection contains receipts for stock shares purchased, and stock subscription agreements for Alfred Barker, Denver, Colo.
Collection contains an affadavit asks for government compensation for services pertaining to relations between Indians and white settlers (1878-1889), chiefly in Colorado and New Mexico. Printed text, subscribed and sworn San Juan County, N.M.
Includes 2 scrapbooks. One scrapbook (1939-1976) contains information about boxing, Rhodesia and general newspaper clippings. The second scrapbook (1970s) contains Africa magazine articles, blacks in American newspaper clippings and Martin Luther King newspaper clippings.
African American Census Material
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5724
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 306
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 494
- Ski troops. 457
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 449
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Photographic prints. 382
- Scrapbooks 362
- Clippings (information artifacts) 278
- Personal papers 273
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 189
- Black-and-white photographs 184
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 4082
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 20
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 64
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less