Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 6056
Collection contains material related to the founding, administration and programming of the African American Leadership Institute at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Includes: board materials and meeting minutes, photographs, videos, Youth and Adult Leadership program information, fundraising information, awards, reports, and business and strategic planning.
The collection is comprised of sheet mucic written by or about African Americans between 1917 to 1936. Sheet music may include racist depictions, references and tropes of African Americans in both language and illustration.
Funeral notices, memorial pamphlets, funeral programs, newspaper clippings; chiefly of Denver, Colorado African Americans.
Collection contains typed autobiography and signed letter from Best to the Denver Public Library.
Collection containsa letter from Repplier (Philadelphia, Penn.) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library, regarding book list, dated October 5, 1930; list "Girlhood Favorites" selections indicated.
Newspaper clipping and scrapbook detailing mountain-climbing death of Agnes Vaille on Longs Peak, Colorado.
Collection contains three documents (1949) related to the Investigation of Denver, Colo. as a possible site for a proposed United States Air Force Academy.
Awards banquet programs; articles about Nielsen; photographs; newspaper clippings.
Collection contains manuscript of "History of Boy Scouting in Denver"; manuscript of "History of the Denver Area Council"; copies of articles on the history of scouting in Denver.
Collection contains brochures; feasibility study; business plan; map; landscape plan.
Collection contains Taber's letters with Western History Dept. Denver Public Library regarding two William Henry Jackson photographs of Horace and Augusta Tabor at their divorce. Taber claims photographs document Jackson's account of secret divorce trial in 1882 (information is unverified).
The collection contains project documents and corresponding architectural drawings for Alan Gass projects. The bulk of records cover the 1960s-1990s, though their entire span is from 1950-2016.
Contains material related to wild horses and the legislation to protect them. Includes correspondence with Annie (Velma) Johnston (Wild Horse Annie), news clippings, press releases, and reports.
Collection contains photos of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); unit photo of Company C, 87th Infantry Regiment (1944); memoir by H. Robert Krear: The journal of a U.S. Army mountain trooper in World War II (1993); Birth of a division by George F. Earle (1995); company roster and insignias (n.d.); information packet on the World War II valor in the Pacific National Monument (n.d.).
Collection contains two letters from Paton sent to Margery Bedinger, Denver Public Library regarding work in South Africa.
Collection contains military papers, meal ticket (1943); transportation pass; correspondence from Fort Bragg, Camp Hale, Camp Swift, V-Mail correspondence and Post War correspondence (1944-1946).
Views of Yellowstone National Park, Washington State, Oregon, Canada and a steamship trip through the Inland Passage to Alaska.
Material from its coordinating office in Washington, D.C., grass-roots campaigns, lobbying efforts, media releases, and newspaper and magazine clippings from competing sides of issues.
Consolidated Alaskan Company correspondence to stockholders, extracts from a U.S. Department of Interior study on the Alaskan environment, mining.
Handwritten inventory of furniture and fixtures of the Albany House, owned by Mrs. C. E. Peterson, Denver, Colorado.
Collection includes correspondence with family members and friends, photographs, post cards, manuscript of A Riflemanʹs Diary by Donald H. Montgomery (1996).
Collection contains reminiscences of family life until marriage in 1874.
Collection contains a letter acknowledging Byers' letter of May 3 with invitation to visit. Accompanied by a note to Byers from Albert's brother, Edward Bierstadt (May 21, 1891, New York City) explaining that Byers' letter of May 3 had been forwarded to London.
Collection contains two letters -- 1. letter (1935) to Denver Mayor Benj. F. Stapleton gives background about ferrying conditions on South Platte River as a Denver election issue in 1865. -- 2. portion of a letter (1924?) to unidentified recipient concerns Colorado pioneer John McBroom and visitors to his cabin at the mouth of Bear Creek above Denver.
Collection contains biographical information on Albert and Mrs. E.J. [Eliza J.] Chaplin written by son [Benjamin] Gad Chaplin (b.1865); bill of sale for land on Ferry St., later 11th Street (April 17, 1860).
2 signed letters by Einstein, for the Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists (on letterhead); dated January 22, 1947, and April 23, 1948.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5751
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 305
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 500
- Ski troops. 462
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 450
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 409
- Photographic prints. 382
- Scrapbooks 365
- Clippings (information artifacts) 283
- Personal papers 280
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 242
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 234
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 193
- Black-and-white photographs 186
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 183
- DVDs 175
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 168
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 4337
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 21
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 154
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 60
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 55
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- Kealy, Abbie, 47
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 43
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less