Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 5905
Collection contains "Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Terhune.
The Ira E. and Albert R. Slack collection contains materials on the Colorado State Association of Colored Women’s Clubs, minutes of the Charm and Culture Study Club, Shorter A.M.E. Church programs and ceremonies, organizational membership pins and cards, address books, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, plaques, certificates, awards, basketball trophies, a passport, and affiliate organizations materials.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Fernandes' experiences: joining the 10th Mountain Division because of his interest in the out of doors; climb up Riva Ridge; battle that broke out during the ascent and being wounded; being saved by a harmonica and prayer book in his pocket; time recuperating in the hospital; D-Series maneuvers.
Collection contains Steele's diary of student life at Colorado State Agricultural College, correspondence, notes, scrapbook of his cartoons, other miscellaneous clippings.
Collection contains copies of notes and typed transcripts of material in Las Animas County court house library, Trinidad, Colo. made by Archibald about early-day Trinidad, Colo. (est. 1859) and some of its pioneers.
Albert Wills McIntire Letter to Diplomatic and Consular Officers of the United States, September 14, 1896
Collection contains a letter of introduction for George S. Welch of Denver, Colo. from Albert Wills McIntire to the Diplomatic and Consular Officers of the United States; Welch was going abroad as a missionary with his wife and daughter.Letter of introduction for George S. Welch of Denver, Colo. who was going abroad as a missionary. Typed on State of Colorado, Executive Office stationery.
Genealogical research on the ancestors of McArthur includes handwritten notes, correspondence, census data, family trees, biographical notes, county records.
The collection includes copies of agendas and meeting minutes for the Latino Faculty and Staff Association at Metropolitan State College; invitations and informational pamphlets; materials from the National Hispanic Grassroots Training Leadership Conference held in Estes Park, Colorado.
Collection contains stories of the Albi brothers and copies of news clippings from 1902, 1907, 1925, 1940 and 1952.
Photographic diary of life at the George's summer cabin "Lazycroft" at Ferndale, Colo. Includes excursions along South Platte River and on Colorado and Southern Railway.
Portrait photographs of men, women, and children.
Portraits of men, women, and children.
Studio portraits of men, some in Civil War uniforms, women, children and infants. Four of the men in uniform are identified as William Dilles, John Stevenson (?), S.W. Marshall, and Edwin A. Evans.
Views of people and buildings at the United States Army's Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Shows the prison and its facilities, officers, and miscellaneous scenes.
Images of unidentified men, women and children, possibly the Clawson family.
Leather bound albums contain studio portraits of men, women, and children.
Talks about how he came to Denver (Colo.) from New York City to open the School of Modern Dance and the Changing Scene Theater. Provides insights into the difficulties in establishing theater in Denver (Colo.) Offers critiques of local media coverage and local reviewers.
Chiefly 13 autographed letters about personal matters (with typed copies). A few miscellaneous items include notes on family history.
Collection contains Hoyle family letters and photos, some Berthoud family material. Correspondence of his father S.Z. Hoyle and uncle Francis E. (Frank) Everett (banker in Golden, Colo.) concern Colo. mining ventures at Lawson and Fairplay, and in Boulder County at Caribou and Salina. Photographs include: view of Orient Mine near Lawson, Colo., town of Lawson (Clear Creek County), Colo., studio portraits of Clara B. Everett and S.Z. Hoyle.
Views of Denver, Boulder and Pikes Peak, Colorado.
Overland by wagon train from Indiana to California along the Oregon/California trail.
Letter from Alexis Comparet, Denver, Colo. offers the services of himself and fellow artist R.H. Tallant to paint two landscapes to be sold for the "public library fund." Letter signed: Alexis Comparet, R.H. Tallant.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5639
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 266
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 465
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Ski troops. 445
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 400
- Photographic prints. 377
- Scrapbooks 354
- Clippings (information artifacts) 271
- Personal papers 258
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 193
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- Black-and-white photographs 178
- Organization files 178
- DVDs 171
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 162 ∧ less
- English 3223
- Undetermined 45
- German 23
- Spanish; Castilian 16
- French 8
- Italian 7
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dakota 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Ukrainian 1
- Wakashan languages 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 63
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 46
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 22
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 ∧ less