Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 5973
Views of Denver, Boulder and Pikes Peak, Colorado.
Overland by wagon train from Indiana to California along the Oregon/California trail.
Letter from Alexis Comparet, Denver, Colo. offers the services of himself and fellow artist R.H. Tallant to paint two landscapes to be sold for the "public library fund." Letter signed: Alexis Comparet, R.H. Tallant.
Collection consists of glass plate and nitrate negatives of studio portraits of individuals who exemplify the style and fashion of the West for the latter 1800s to the early 20th century. 19 DVD-R discs are also included. The digital files provide positive scans of a selection of negatives from the collection.
Collection contains a PDF and paper copy of a 48 page memoir arranged in 15 chapters: According to Hoyle by Alfred Hoyle Lowdermilk, as told to Lila Kint (1977); inserted into the pagination is an additional 21 pages of photographs (2016).
Collection contains a typescript, with handwritten corrections documenting Hayes' life as a doctor in Teller County, Colo. from the late 19th to early 20th centuries.
Collection contains a letter from Lunt to Katherine Watson includes "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Lunt; additional list of favorite books on Brown Palace letterhead.
Notes, drafts and galley proofs for "Birds of Colorado" and "Pictorial Checklist of Colorado Birds".
Collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, sketches, photographs, program regarding granite drinking fountain memorial and plaque in honor of Emily Griffith donated by Adamo; autobiography, A Review of my Brief History of 60 Candles; brochures from Emily Griffith Opportunity School (Denver, Colo.).
Collection contains a copies of Packer's statement made at his murder trial... "in regard to the occurrences in southern Colorado during the winter 1873-1874"; invitation to his execution (which never took place), and 5 original letters. There are two from Packer addressed to a Mrs. RA Newman, two letters from Governor Alva Adams to Mrs. RA Newman, and one from Chaplain LJ Hale of the Colorado State Penitentiary.
Collection contains chiefly letters home to his wife while visiting mines in Colo. and Utah. Notebook of his field notes from mines visited 1871, including a few sketches of things observed. Review (two versions) of James D. Hague's book: Mining industry (Washington : GPO, 1870).
The collection contains a single journal or diary compiled by Garses primarily between 1941-1944 when he worked at the Highway Mine, Morris Creek, Idaho. Entries include notations covering the operation of the mine, weather observations, addresses, accounts, stock raising, medical information, family and genealogical information (1924-1944). His sister was Mrs. Wesley C. Brown, Jackson, Calif.
The collections contains the following materials: original artwork, newspaper clippings, writings, correspondence, letters, awards, teaching materials, International Arts Movement (IAM) papers.
Collection contains a copy of Simo's memoir: Remembering... family biography from 1655 and Al's autobiography from 1922-1946 (ca.1984); Remembering... the early years in New York City until after WWII (2004); 10th Mountain Images from Al Simo (2004).
Collection contains a scrapbooks with newspaper clippings about Denver and Colorado current events and history from the perspective of the early 1930s.
Collection contains programs, newsletters, correspondence, invitations, meeting minutes and brochures from various organizations to which Fehrenbach belonged, organizations represented include The Denver Women's Press Club, The Women's Forum, English-Speaking Union of the U.S. and The Handicapped Coloradan; envelope of Denver, Colorado deeds and trusts (1883-1891).
Collection contains 2 handwritten manuscripts: "Reminiscences of early Montclair" and untitled by Alice L. Ingersoll; includes information on St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Jarvis Hall, memories of Baron Von Richtofen, founder of Montclair, and Frank Spalding, later Episcopal Bishop of Utah.
Collection contains programs from Mrs. Weber's music performances in Boulder and Denver (1891-1931): family genealogical information; material about her parents Mary Jane (McAlister) and George Lytle, including marriage certificate (1872) and her father's discovery of the Black Diamond Mine in Boulder County.
Collection contains a manuscript with information on early artists in Colo., particularly MacHarg's aunt: Joanna MacHarg Palmer. Mrs. Palmer arrived Denver 1876, lived for a number of years in Idaho Springs where she improvised a kiln for firing painted china which she claimed to be the first in the state.
Collection contains scrapbook chiefly of Denver music and theater programs and clippings, with a few East High School mementos. Also typed article: "Early music in Denver," covering church music, performing groups, societies, and notable personalities.
Collection contains a scrapbook of mainly pictorial items: commercial greeting cards and prints, postcards and travel memorabilia, a few personal photos and original sketches.
Collection contains Curtis letter (dated October 7, 1930) sent from Newburyport, Mass., to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding "Girlhood Favorites" list created by DPL and signed by Curtis.
Collection contains correspondence, programs, business card, brochure, exposition tickets and three handmade books of pressed wild flowers from the Rocky Mountains.
Collection includes newsletters, clippings, programs, directories, correspondence, reports, legal documentation, and photographs.
Materials on Peck include: copies of personal photographs (1940, 1944, 2008); copies of his military records: training certificate, payroll, General Orders, intelligence memorandum, 10th Mountain Division commendations and citations,(1944, 1945), draft copy of the "85th Mountain Infantry Regimental History (1945); personal records: birth certificate, marriage license, correspondence (1920, 1944, 1945, 2008).
Collection contains correspondence regarding Swallow Press.
Collection contains a letter from Elston, Santa Ana, Calif. to Caroline Bancroft, Denver, Colo.; letter summarizes Elston's writing career, research methods, settings of books, circulation and serialization; also sends list of his Denver friends with addresses for Miss Bancroft to verify.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5687
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 286
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 471
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Ski troops. 445
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 404
- Photographic prints. 381
- Scrapbooks 356
- Clippings (information artifacts) 275
- Personal papers 261
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 193
- Black-and-white photographs 183
- Organization files 182
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- DVDs 171
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 163 ∧ less
- English 3596
- Undetermined 40
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 18
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dakota 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1
- Ukrainian 1 ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 63
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 46
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 22
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 ∧ less