Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 6013
Views of people and buildings at the United States Army's Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Shows the prison and its facilities, officers, and miscellaneous scenes.
Studio portraits of men, some in Civil War uniforms, women, children and infants. Four of the men in uniform are identified as William Dilles, John Stevenson (?), S.W. Marshall, and Edwin A. Evans.
Images of unidentified men, women and children, possibly the Clawson family.
Leather bound albums contain studio portraits of men, women, and children.
Talks about how he came to Denver (Colo.) from New York City to open the School of Modern Dance and the Changing Scene Theater. Provides insights into the difficulties in establishing theater in Denver (Colo.) Offers critiques of local media coverage and local reviewers.
Chiefly 13 autographed letters about personal matters (with typed copies). A few miscellaneous items include notes on family history.
Collection contains a letter concerning the upcoming constitutional convention and Hunt's opposition to statehood for Colo. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm208).
Collection contains Hoyle family letters and photos, some Berthoud family material. Correspondence of his father S.Z. Hoyle and uncle Francis E. (Frank) Everett (banker in Golden, Colo.) concern Colo. mining ventures at Lawson and Fairplay, and in Boulder County at Caribou and Salina. Photographs include: view of Orient Mine near Lawson, Colo., town of Lawson (Clear Creek County), Colo., studio portraits of Clara B. Everett and S.Z. Hoyle.
Collection contains a 4 page transcript of a fragment from Flemings diary with a photocopied map showing Alexander Fleming's journey in North America in 1873-1874. Transcript details Fleming's travel in Colo. and Wyo., primarily near Denver, and Estes Park during December 17, 1873 to January 24, 1874.
Views of Denver, Boulder and Pikes Peak, Colorado.
Overland by wagon train from Indiana to California along the Oregon/California trail.
Letter from Alexis Comparet, Denver, Colo. offers the services of himself and fellow artist R.H. Tallant to paint two landscapes to be sold for the "public library fund." Letter signed: Alexis Comparet, R.H. Tallant.
Collection consists of glass plate and nitrate negatives of studio portraits of individuals who exemplify the style and fashion of the West for the latter 1800s to the early 20th century. 19 DVD-R discs are also included. The digital files provide positive scans of a selection of negatives from the collection.
Collection contains a PDF and paper copy of a 48 page memoir arranged in 15 chapters: According to Hoyle by Alfred Hoyle Lowdermilk, as told to Lila Kint (1977); inserted into the pagination is an additional 21 pages of photographs (2016).
Collection contains a typescript, with handwritten corrections documenting Hayes' life as a doctor in Teller County, Colo. from the late 19th to early 20th centuries.
Collection contains a letter from Lunt to Katherine Watson includes "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Lunt; additional list of favorite books on Brown Palace letterhead.
Notes, drafts and galley proofs for "Birds of Colorado" and "Pictorial Checklist of Colorado Birds".
Collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, sketches, photographs, program regarding granite drinking fountain memorial and plaque in honor of Emily Griffith donated by Adamo; autobiography, A Review of my Brief History of 60 Candles; brochures from Emily Griffith Opportunity School (Denver, Colo.).
Collection contains a copies of Packer's statement made at his murder trial... "in regard to the occurrences in southern Colorado during the winter 1873-1874"; invitation to his execution (which never took place), and 5 original letters. There are two from Packer addressed to a Mrs. RA Newman, two letters from Governor Alva Adams to Mrs. RA Newman, and one from Chaplain LJ Hale of the Colorado State Penitentiary.
Collection contains chiefly letters home to his wife while visiting mines in Colo. and Utah. Notebook of his field notes from mines visited 1871, including a few sketches of things observed. Review (two versions) of James D. Hague's book: Mining industry (Washington : GPO, 1870).
The collection contains a single journal or diary compiled by Garses primarily between 1941-1944 when he worked at the Highway Mine, Morris Creek, Idaho. Entries include notations covering the operation of the mine, weather observations, addresses, accounts, stock raising, medical information, family and genealogical information (1924-1944). His sister was Mrs. Wesley C. Brown, Jackson, Calif.
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
The collections contains the following materials: original artwork, newspaper clippings, writings, correspondence, letters, awards, teaching materials, International Arts Movement (IAM) papers.
Collection contains a copy of Simo's memoir: Remembering... family biography from 1655 and Al's autobiography from 1922-1946 (ca.1984); Remembering... the early years in New York City until after WWII (2004); 10th Mountain Images from Al Simo (2004).
Collection contains a scrapbooks with newspaper clippings about Denver and Colorado current events and history from the perspective of the early 1930s.
Collection is arranged chronologically and documents her work in the Colorado House of Representatives and as an author and advocate for women's rights. Materials related to her political career include information about human trafficking, women's health and rights, and Colorado's economic development. Her publishing and writing includes articles, columns, Women's Business Chronicle information and samples of her poetry.
- Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy 5709
- Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library 304
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 559
- Photographs 483
- Ski troops. 451
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 446
- Oral histories (document genres) 437
- Letters (correspondence) 410
- Photographic prints. 381
- Scrapbooks 359
- Clippings (information artifacts) 276
- Personal papers 266
- Photograph albums 248
- Correspondence 238
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 233
- Camp Hale (Colo.) 195
- Organization files 186
- Black-and-white photographs 183
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 182
- DVDs 172
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 167
- Diaries 163 + ∧ less
- English 3938
- Undetermined 39
- German 25
- Spanish; Castilian 20
- French 9
- Italian 9
- Japanese 7
- Arapaho 2
- Chinese 2
- Dakota 2
- Apache languages 1
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Germanic languages 1
- Indonesian 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Tlingit 1 + ∧ less
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) 317
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews. 163
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th. 85
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th. 75
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th. 67
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews. 66
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources. 64
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources. 59
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. 54
- Kealy, Abbie, 48
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews. 48
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources. 47
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources. 42
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) 38
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Interviews. 37
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives. 30
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works. 28
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th. 23
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- Archival resources. 18
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works. 18 + ∧ less